Professor Chu-tsing Li has been a tireless scholar of Chinese paintings since the beginning of his career until the end of his life. Beyond his illustrious academic career, he was a devoted curator and an avid collector of Chinese paintings. During his extensive travels to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan in the 1960s and in 1979 as the first Fulbright Visiting Exchange Scholar, he acquired countless works directly from artists or their galleries. From 2007 to 2009, he was celebrated as an accomplished collector with a travelling exhibition in the United States: A Tradition Redefined: Modern and Contemporary Chinese Ink Paintings from the Chu-tsing Li Collection, 1950-2000. Many of his collected works were later donated to the Harvard and Phoenix Art Museums. A figure of vigorous scholarship and exceptional connoisseurship, Prof. Li is remembered with great respect.