Sotheby's is committed to protecting your personal information and securing our computer systems. We consider the confidentiality of your personal information to be important and we use industry-standard security measures to safeguard your data from manipulation, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons and to prevent unauthorized disclosure.
• Sotheby's registration, client profile, email subscription and catalogue purchase pages are password-protected.
• We encrypt your password in our database so that only you know your password. No person - not even an authorised Sotheby's Client Service Representative - is authorised to retrieve your password once you set it.
• We use industry-standard browser security (https), which encrypts the pages of our website that contain your personal information when you use our website, and protects your data from unauthorized access as it passes through the internet between our website and your computer.
• Sotheby's uses industry-standard measures, including firewalls, to protect its databases.
• We continually enhance our security measures as new technology is made available and in response to newly discovered threats.
Please contact us with more specific questions about security at our Client Service center:
Please be aware that cybercrime is on the increase specifically affecting email accounts and bank account details. Sotheby’s will not change its bank transfer information, or request your credit card or bank account number via email or text message. Any advice of amended bank details that appear to come from Sotheby’s by email or text should be ignored. There is also an increase in the number of scammers fraudulently claiming to be Sotheby’s employees and agents and asking for payment, such as for valuation and “security deposit” for sale proceeds.
If you receive an email or other communication purporting to be from Sotheby’s or any of our personnel and you have doubts or concerns about the origin of the communication, before taking any action please contact us immediately to confirm its legitimacy. If you have any questions about how to make payment for purchases you have made from us, please get in touch with your Sotheby’s relationship manager. Please refer to our website for a list of contact details. Sotheby’s will not be liable if you transfer money to an incorrect or fraudulent bank account.
By Telephone & Fax
Phone service available Monday to Friday, 8.30 am - 10.30 pm GMT (3.30 am - 5.30 pm EST) and
Saturday 2.00 pm - 10.30 pm GMT (9.00 am - 5.30 pm EST).
From the UK:
+44 (0) 20 7293 5000
From the US:
+1 212 606 7000
Fax (from all locations):
+44 (0) 20 7293 6555