To ensure continued safety in our building, Sotheby’s New York is following the CDC’s Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People. Sotheby’s and its affiliates reserve the right to deny entry to any individual(s) that do not meet or comply with all of the following requirements:
- An appointment is no longer required to access the building.
- Fully vaccinated individuals with no symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a face mask at all times while inside the building; masks are available upon request.
- Temperature screenings are required and will be conducted by a medical professional or other trained staff.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection procedures are still in place, with a particular focus on touch points in areas of high traffic.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at each entry and exit point throughout the building.
Sotheby’s New York office is the headquarters for our global business but it is also a place that welcomes collectors and art lovers. More than 85 live auctions take place annually in our seventh-floor saleroom, where records are routinely broken and history is made. In May 2017, Jean-Michel Basquiat’s Untitled, sold to Japanese collector Yusaka Maezawa for $110.5 million – a new record for an American artist at auction.
A purchase does not need to make headlines to be deeply significant and meaningful. Nearly every day, collectors acquire art and collectibles from Sotheby’s New York at all price points. Art lovers are always welcome to visit the numerous presale exhibitions, which are free and open to the public, and invite you to enjoy our in-house branch of Sant Ambroeus for coffee, pastries or lunch. Open Monday through Saturday and located just inside the main lobby is Sotheby’s Wine Store, which stocks a superb selection: whether your budget is $15 or $1,500, there’s a vintage for you. For those in search of an elegant ring or statement earrings, Sotheby’s Diamonds salon features a range of exceptional contemporary designs curated with unrivaled expertise.
Sotheby’s New York is a comprehensive art business that offers estimates and insurance valuations, private sales and consignment services in every collecting area. To discover the auction potential of your art and collectibles, we invite you to use our easy Sell with Sotheby's page. Our staff is happy to advise on shipping, storage, collection management and much more. Please do not hesitate to contact us at +1 212 606 7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.