Van Cleef & Arpels Jewelry Consignment
Sotheby's is your best resource for selling Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry at auction. With our simple consignment process and frequent jewelry auctions in New York, London, Hong Kong and online, Sotheby's is here to help you sell your Van Cleef jewelry for its highest price. To receive a complimentary auction estimate, simply contact one of our specialists below or submit images of your jewels along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form.
The storied House of Van Cleef & Arpels has been setting the standard in high jewelry since its inception in 1896. Through the impeccable design and innovations such as “Mystery-Set” gemstones, the legendary Parisian jeweler, which official opened its doors on the Place Vendôme in 1906, has created spectacular and opulent jewels of every style. Their stellar clientele included the royal families of Egypt and Iran, Princess Grace of Monaco, film stars from Marlene Dietrich to Elizabeth Taylor, and leading fashion figures such as the Duchess of Windsor and Daisy Fellowes. Van Cleef & Arpels collections were shaped by diverse influences – nature, orientalism, couture, ballet and an imaginary world of fairytale and fantasy.
Find Out the Value of Your Jewelry
Submit photos and information about your Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry and begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Selling Your Van Cleef & Arpels Jewelry with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Jewelry Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 0022
NEW YORK: +1 646 518 8553
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5803 0036
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8645
PARIS: +33 (0)1 85 14 96 56
MILAN: +39 02 29 500 201
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
MADRID: +34 91 123 4218
MONTE CARLO: +377 93 30 88 80
Van Cleef & Arpels Consigned with Sotheby's
469LotVan Cleef & ArpelsVan Cleef & ArpelsPAIR OF GOLD, FANCY INTENSE YELLOW DIAMOND, COLORED DIAMOND AND EMERALD EARCLIPS, VAN CLEEF & ARPELS, FRANCE | 黃金鑲濃彩黃色鑽石配彩色鑽石及祖母綠耳環一對，梵克雅寶10 December 2019 | Sale price: 287,500 USDEstimate: 250,000 – 350,000 USD10 December 2019 | Sale price: 287,500 USDMagnificent Jewels10 December 2019 | 10:00 AM EST | New York
339LotSAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND BROOCH, 'PAVOT', VAN CLEEF & ARPELSsapphire and diamond brooch, 'pavot', van cleef & arpels13 November 2019 | Sale price: 87,500 CHFEstimate: 75,000 – 100,000 CHF13 November 2019 | Sale price: 87,500 CHFMagnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels13 November 2019 | 10:30 AM CET | Geneva
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the most popular Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry designs?When jewelry connoisseurs think of Van Cleef & Arpels, the serti mystérieux, or mystery setting, immediately comes to mind. Developed and patented in 1933, Alfred Langlois, one of the maison’s chief designers in Paris, created this technique for setting small, perfectly-matched square stones in a mosaic pattern, secured by thin wires on the reverse, with no prongs visible and no metal between the stones to hinder the flow of light through the gems. The clover ‘Alhambra’ line has been widely adored by collectors and celebrities alike throughout the years, with its endless combination of forms, sizes and materials. Additionally, the iconic ‘Zip’ necklace, commissioned by the Duchess of Windsor and created by Renée Puissant, the Maison’s artistic director in 1938, has become a contemporary classic donned by celebrities such as Margot Robbie and Cate Blanchett.
- How much is my Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry worth?Sotheby's specialists have years of experience in valuing Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry and that of other designers. When you submit your Van Cleef necklace, ring, bracelet, or other jewelry online, our specialists will consider its general condition, prices achieved at auction for similar pieces, quality of the gemstones, and its history of ownership before determining an appropriate auction estimate.
- Do all pieces of Van Cleef jewelry have a signature?Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry pieces will typically have a signature. Although the brand trademark has changed over the years they typically are signed Van Cleef & Arpels or VCA. When you submit your Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry for review by our specialists, do include any images of marks and signatures.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy and sell a Van Cleef & Arpels engagement ring, solitaire diamond ring, wedding ring, wedding band, vintage rings, romance ring, Flying Butterfly ring, bracelets, necklace, clover necklace, Alhambra necklace, holiday pendant, earrings, Alhambra earrings, malachite earrings, Frivole earrings, snowflake earrings, butterfly earrings, parure, choker, embellished with precious and semi-precious gems and stones such as diamond jewelry with ruby, emerald, sapphire, amethyst, chalcedony, onyx, turquoise, coral, mother-of-pearl or aquamarine and set in gold, rose gold, platinum or sterling silver.