About the Museum
The Aargauer Kunsthaus was founded in 1959 and is one of the most important art museums in Switzerland. Its charisma is based in particular on the exhibition program, which is primarily dedicated to contemporary art, and the outstanding collection. This represents the most important public collection of Swiss art from the 18th century to the present day. In 2003 the architects Herzog & de Meuron expanded the building with the artist Rémy Zaugg, since then around 3000 m2 of exhibition space has been available.