Van Cleef & Arpels Consignment
With auctions held in New York, Geneva, and London, and popular online auctions held throughout the year, Sotheby's auctions allow you to sell your Van Cleef & Arpels watch to an international audience of watch collectors. To discover the value of your watch or watch collection, simply submit your photos and information online to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form.
Established in 1898 in Paris, after Alfred Van Cleef married Estelle Arpels, the French jewelry house achieved fame by 1906 when Van Cleef and brother-in-law Charles opened their doors at 22 Place Vendôme. Although the first New York location opened on October 24, 1929, the day of the Wall Street crash, and closed soon after, the business reopened to much success in Rockefeller Center after participating in the 1939 World’s Fair. Since then, the innovative jewelry house has been celebrated particularly for its mystery-setting, an ingenious method of faceting coloured gemstones to seamlessly fit alongside each other. Today, Van Cleef & Arpels continues to draw inspiration from its heritage, creating exciting and timeless jewels to be admired for generations.
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Submit photos and information about your watch and begin your complimentary estimate request.
Selling Your Van Cleef & Arpels Watch with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Watch Specialist
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
Van Cleef & Arpels Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to sell my Van Cleef & Arpels watch?New and vintage Van Cleef watches are continually in demand by collectors and connoisseurs from New York and around the world. Sotheby’s sales feature Van Cleef & Arpels gold and diamond watches for daytime and evening. Now is the perfect time to sell a Van Cleef watch.
We are also pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your Van Cleef & Arpels watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Why is Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry highly collectible?Enthusiasts and connoisseurs buy and sell fine jewelry by Van Cleef & Arpels, Cartier, Tiffany & Co., and other iconic makers. The Van Cleef & Arpels name is especially beloved because the French jewelry house invented the minaudière in 1930, designed the Zip necklace and Alhambra collection, and also created Jackie Kennedy’s original engagement ring. If you are wondering, “How much is my Van Cleef & Arpels watch worth?”, Sotheby’s can provide a free auction estimate so you might realise the highest price.
- What are the best-selling Van Cleef & Arpels watches?Van Cleef & Arpels collections excel in setting the most precious gemstones into harmonious shapes and lines along with classical jewels. Today, these jewels and watches are frequently seen at auction and worn on the red carpet by fabulous women from around the world. The global market for these exceptional wristwatches is highly competitive, with global enthusiasts attending Sotheby’s ladies’ watch auctions. Collectors covet all types of antique and vintage diamond watches including the rare Van Cleef & Arpels Planétarium watch. Today the Alhambra watch style is enjoying a revival as an enduring contemporary classic.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy, consign and sell a Van Cleef & Arpels watch, wristwatch, bracelet watch, triple bracelet, diamond watch, ladies watch, men’s watch, new, antique or pre-owned vintage watch, Planétarium wristwatch, Papillon butterfly watch, Alhambra watch, Féerie watch, Classique, Cadenas, Centenary, Ludo Swing, Marguerite Secrète, Midnight Planétarium, Quadrat, galaxy watch, vintage Alhambra watch or bow watch, moonphase wristwatch, timepiece, desk clock or travel clock with precious and semi-precious gems and stones such as a diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire, yellow sapphire, amethyst, chalcedony, onyx, lapis lazuli, turquoise, coral, mother-of-pearl or aquamarine set in gold, rose gold, platinum or sterling silver.