When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern Cartier watch, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price. Sotheby’s, your most reliable resource for Cartier watch auction appraisal and consignment, continues to outpace market competitors, often achieving hammer prices well above our low estimates. Rare and limited-edition Cartier models, such as the Pasha de Cartier Dragon Decor, garner particularly high prices, while popular models, including Tank, Crash, Santos, Tortue and Rotonde, find eager buyers when sold at Sotheby's.
The Watches market is stronger than ever, with international collectors driving prices to unmatched heights. Lately, Sotheby’s New York Watches sales have grown to $86.4 million, an increase of 32% in five years. Live auctions happen in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, and online auctions and private sales also have broad appeal.100 Years of Cartier Tank WatchesLaunch Slideshow
Request a Watch Estimate
Register or log in to your Sothebys.com account to send photos and information about your watch and begin your complimentary auction estimate request.
Selling Your Cartier Watch with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Get Started with an Estimate
Get an Estimate
Cartier Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to sell my Cartier watch or clock?Sotheby's sells Cartier watches online and in live auctions throughout the year and in multiple selling locations, including Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. Based on our specialists' understanding of the market and the current appetite of watch buyers, we are able to recommend the location and sale that will be best for the sale of your timepiece. Once you submit your Cartier watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Why are Cartier Tank watches so iconic?The Cartier Tank watch, created in 1917 by Louis Cartier, is celebrating its centennial. Inspired by the rigid geometry of the Renault tanks used in the First World War, Cartier designed the simple, rectangular face of the iconic watch. This style was inspired by the shape of the tank when viewed from above: a square flanked by two shafts representing the body and tracks. The dial features angular, graphic Roman numerals that add to its minimalist allure. The Tank comes in several models, such as the ref 2312 case cc371543 Tank Americaine which is the sportiest chronograph version.
- How can I find the model number for my Cartier watch?Cartier watches have two different model numbers, one on the back of the case and one on the paperwork. The model number on the original paperwork begins with a "W" and provides the exact match of the watch, while the four-digit number, which is typically on the back of the case, refers to the case model. The other number, an 8-digit numeral stamped to the case, is the serial number.