Audemars Piguet Watch Consignment
To discover the value of your Audemars Piguet watch, simply submit your photos and information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form. Some of the most popular consigned Audemars Piguet models, Royal Oak Concept, Royal Oak Offshore, Jules Audemars, or Millenary, might fetch more than you dreamed, and that’s the excitement of auction.
Audemars Piguet has been family owned since its 1875 founding in Vallée de Joux, Switzerland. In 1892, the innovative company created the first repeater wristwatch. In 1972, AP introduced the Royal Oak timepiece, considered to be the first luxury sports watch. When introduced at Baselworld, the Royal Oak caused a stir because its octagonal bezel was reminiscent of a deep-sea diver’s helmet. It has since attained iconic status, gracing the wrists of royalty, celebrities and other timepiece aficionados.
As global collectors drive prices to unparalleled heights, the pre-owned watches auction market remains stronger than ever. Sotheby’s New York watches auctions now realize $86.4 million in sales for our consignors, an increase of 32% in five years. Live auctions take place in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, and online auctions and private sales occur throughout the year. When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern Audemars Piguet watch, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price.
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Submit photos and information about your Audemars Piguet watch to begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Selling Your Audemars Piguet with Sotheby's is Simple
Talk to a Watch Specialist
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
AP Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does an Audemars Piguet watch appraisal at Sotheby's cost?Sotheby's does not perform appraisals but we do provide estimates for items we believe we can sell whether in a live auction, online auction, private or immediate sale. Our estimate valuations are complimentary and do not cost you anything. We review all submissions and provide information on your watches . We will inform you if your watch is not a good fit for a Sotheby's auction or sale, and we will do our best to provide you with a recommendation of another venue to sell your watch.
- When is the best time to sell my Audemars Piguet watch?Sotheby's watch sales happen throughout the year online and in multiple selling locations, including Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. Based on our specialists' understanding of the market and the current appetite of watch buyers, we are able to recommend the location and time of year that will be best for the sale of your timepiece.
Sotheby's is also pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your Audemars Piguet watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my Audemars Piguet timepiece?Audemars Piguet watches can have many different types of paperwork to help with authentication: a Certificate of Origin and Guarantee, Warranty Card, Register Certificate booklet, service receipts, or original packaging. Documentation can help the sale of your watch, but if you do not have any, our specialists can still use clear photographs to determine a preliminary estimate. Once you submit your AP information online, you will be able to track the estimate process and one of our specialists can get in touch with you directly if there are any questions about your timepiece.
- Why is the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak model so valuable?The Royal Oak was the first luxury sports watch. Created in 1972 by designer Gérald Genta, its bezel was inspired by the screw heads of a deep-sea diving helmet. Its use of steel and its striking design caused a stir in the Swiss watchmaking industry. There are now several versions of the Royal Oak, and it has become a favorite among athletes and fashion insiders.
- Which athletes have created their own limited edition Audemars Piguet watches?Leo Messi, Lebron James, Michael Schumacher, Rubens Barrichello, Team Alinghi, and Nick Faldo all have Limited Edition Audemars Piguet watches.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy and sell Audemars Piguet watches and vintage and modern timepiece styles such as AP Grand Oak, Grand Oak Offshore, Grand Oak Lady, Jules Audemars, Millenary, Royal Oak Offshore Lady, Edward Piguet, Promesse, Royal Oak Concept, Royal Oak II, A-series, A series, Diamond Outrage, Diamond Punk, Diamond Fury, Haute Joallerie, Classique, Givrine, Danae, Deva Ladies, Promesse, Tradition, JUMBO, Ultra Thin, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lebron James and Gerald Genta with desirable features such as minute repeater, chronograph, perpetual calendar, moon phases, grand complication, grand and petit sonnerie, skeletonized, tourbillon, date, quantieme perpetual, triple complication automatique, dual time, tapisserie, carbon forged and carbon fiber in platinum, pink gold, white gold, yellow gold, stainless steel, two toned, frosted and diamond set.