Vintage Furniture Consignment
When you are ready to sell your vintage Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Arts & Crafts, Mid-Century, or contemporary furniture, decorative objects, or sculpture, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price. Our 20th Century Design specialists have decades of experience and can help you identify and value your vintage furniture. If you're wondering 'how much is my vintage furniture worth?', simply submit photographs and information about your vintage piece online and our specialists will help you discover the answer.
Sotheby's sells vintage furniture from the 20th and 21st centuries in live auctions held in New York, Paris, and London, and in online-only auctions throughout the year. We also offer vintage furniture and objects for sale through our online marketplace, Sotheby's Home.The Highest Value Works from Paris Design in 2018Launch Slideshow
Request a Vintage Furniture Estimate
Register or log in to your Sothebys.com account to send photos and information about your vintage furniture and begin your complimentary auction estimate request.
Discover the Value of Your Vintage Furniture
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Get Started with an Estimate
Get an Estimate
Vintage Design Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to sell my vintage design furniture?With sales throughout the year online and in New York, London and Paris, there has never been a better time to sell your Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Arts & Crafts, or contemporary design furniture with Sotheby's. Once you request an auction estimate, a Sotheby’s specialist will review the information and images of your 20th century design furniture or object. Our specialists can advise you on the best time and location for the sale of your design piece.
- What types of Art Deco or Art Nouveau furniture does Sotheby's sell?French Art Deco designers such as Jean-Michel Frank, Émile-Jacques Ruhlmann, and Pierre Chareau feature frequently in Sotheby's auctions. Collectors seek out the best examples of Art Deco furniture and design, as seen in the sale of a Jean Dunand four panel screen that sold at Sotheby's in May 2018 for 261,000 EUR. Furniture and objects by European Art Nouveau designers such as Henry Van de Velde, Louis Majorelle, and Emile Gallé also realise high prices at live and online auctions.
- What types of contemporary furniture can I sell at auction with Sotheby's?Sotheby's offers select contemporary furniture designers in our Important Design sales in New York and Paris. Contemporary designers who feature frequently in our auctions include Claude Lalanne, Niki de Saint Phalle, François-Xavier Lalanne, Fernando and Humberto Campana, and Studio Job. If you have contemporary furniture by designers such as Niermann Weeks, Baker or Holly Hunt, we offer online sale options through Sotheby's Home as well. Simply submit your contemporary furniture photographs and information and the team at Viyet will be able to assist you.
- How do I ship my furniture to Sotheby's?Once our specialists have provided you with an auction estimate and a sale recommendation, they will be able to provide shipping quotes and logistical support. Sotheby’s works with the top white-glove shipping companies across the globe who will be able to safely package and transport even the most fragile furniture.