Sotheby’s, your most reliable resource for Rolex watch auction appraisal and consignment, continues to outpace market competitors, often achieving hammer prices well above our low estimates. Some of the most popular consigned Rolex models, Daytona, Sea-Dweller, Submariner, or James Bond, might fetch more than you dreamed, and that’s the excitement of auction.
Live auctions happen in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, and online auctions and private sales also have broad appeal. In fact, we have recently launched Watches Weekly, a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern Rolex watch, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price. To receive a complimentary auction estimate, simply submit images of your luxury watch along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form.Rolex Watches Fit for a World TravellerLaunch Slideshow
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Submit photos and information about your Rolex watch to begin your complimentary auction estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Selling Your Rolex with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
4LotRolexRolexROLEX | PAUL NEWMAN DAYTONA, REFERENCE 6241, A STAINLESS STEEL CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH, CIRCA 19688 April 2020 | Sale price: 2,375,000 HKDEstimate: 1,000,000 – 2,000,000 HKD8 April 2020 | Sale price: 2,375,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Rolex and Audemars Piguet1–8 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
2LotRolexRolexROLEX | EXPLORER II, REFERENCE 16550, A STAINLESS STEEL WRISTWATCH WITH 24 HOUR INDICATION, DATE, CREAM RAIL DIAL AND BRACELET, CIRCA 19878 April 2020 | Sale price: 225,000 HKDEstimate: 80,000 – 120,000 HKD8 April 2020 | Sale price: 225,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Rolex and Audemars Piguet1–8 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
6LotRolexRolexROLEX | EXPLORER II, REFERENCE 1655, A STAINLESS STEEL WRISTWATCH WITH 24 HOUR INDICATION, DATE AND BRACELET, CIRCA 19848 April 2020 | Sale price: 200,000 HKDEstimate: 160,000 – 200,000 HKD8 April 2020 | Sale price: 200,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Rolex and Audemars Piguet1–8 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
9LotRolexRolexROLEX | PAUL NEWMAN 'PANDA' DAYTONA, REF 6262 STAINLESS STEEL CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH WITH BRACELET CIRCA 197126 March 2020 | Sale price: 162,500 CHFEstimate: 80,000 – 120,000 CHF26 March 2020 | Sale price: 162,500 CHFWatches Online17–26 March 2020 | 3:00 PM CET | Geneva
8LotRolexRolexROLEX | COSMOGRAPH DAYTONA, REFERENCE 116523, A YELLOW GOLD AND STAINLESS STEEL CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH WITH BRACELET, CIRCA 20128 April 2020 | Sale price: 125,000 HKDEstimate: 100,000 – 200,000 HKD8 April 2020 | Sale price: 125,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Rolex and Audemars Piguet1–8 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
9LotRolexRolexROLEX | DATEJUST, REFERENCE 69178, A YELLOW GOLD WRISTWATCH WITH DATE AND BRACELET, CIRCA 19838 April 2020 | Sale price: 50,000 HKDEstimate: 30,000 – 50,000 HKD8 April 2020 | Sale price: 50,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Rolex and Audemars Piguet1–8 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
117LotROLEX | REF 118235A PINK GOLD DIAMOND AND RUBY AUTOMATIC WRISTWATCH WITH DAY DATE AND BRACELET CIRCA 2010RolexREF 118235A PINK GOLD DIAMOND AND RUBY AUTOMATIC WRISTWATCH WITH DAY DATE AND BRACELET CIRCA 20104 June 2019 | Sale price: 20,000 USDEstimate: 10,000 – 15,000 USD4 June 2019 | Sale price: 20,000 USDImportant Watches4 June 2019 | 10:00 AM EDT | New York
94LotRolexRolexREF 1807 DAY-DATERETAILED BY TIFFANY & CO.: A YELLOW GOLD AUTOMATIC CENTER SECONDS WRISTWATCH WITH DAY AND DATE CIRCA 19704 June 2019 | Sale price: 16,250 USDEstimate: 10,000 – 15,000 USD4 June 2019 | Sale price: 16,250 USDImportant Watches4 June 2019 | 10:00 AM EDT | New York
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a Rolex appraisal from Sotheby's cost?Our estimate valuations are complimentary and do not cost you anything. We review all submissions and provide valuations for watches we believe we can sell at auction. We will inform you if your watch is not a good fit for a Sotheby's auction, and we will do our best to provide you with a recommendation of another venue to sell your watch.
- When is the best time to sell my Rolex?Sotheby's, the best place to sell your Rolex, has watch sales throughout the year that are held online and in multiple selling locations, including Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. Based on our specialists' understanding of the market and the current appetite of watch buyers, we are able to recommend the location and time of year that is best suited for the sale of your timepiece.
Sotheby's is also pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your Rolex watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my Rolex timepiece?Our specialists will need clear photographs and as much information as you can provide in order to determine your watch's estimate. If you have additional paperwork, please do submit it. However, we can still evaluate your Rolex with photographs alone. Once you submit your Rolex information online, you will be able to track the estimate process and one of our specialists can get in touch with you directly if there are any questions about your timepiece.
- Where can I find my Rolex watch's serial number and model number?Every Rolex has a 4-8 digit serial number engraved on the side of the case underneath the band at the six o'clock marker. The model number is found on the other side of the case between the lugs. Modern Rolex watches have the serial number engraved on the inner bezel at the six o'clock position, and the model number opposite it.
- What is the difference between a Rolex Daytona and Rolex "Paul Newman" Daytona?The dial is the one notable difference between a Daytona and a "Paul Newman" Daytona. A Paul Newman dial has an Art Deco style font for the numerals and the hash marks have a small square at the end of the sub dials. While there are many other subtle differences between the two, this is an easy way to determine the difference.
- Why are pre-owned and vintage Rolex watches so valuable?Vintage collecting, as a hobby and as an investment, has exploded over the last five years. Many Rolex models, which are 20 or 30 years old, have appreciated in value tremendously. If you are interested in an investment-grade piece for buying or selling, Rolex watches are the favored brand. In general, the Rolex watches that have best retained their value are sport watches: The GMT (designed for pilots), the Submariner (designed for scuba divers), and the Daytona/Paul Newman Daytona (designed for race-car drivers).
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy, consign and sell a Rolex watch in timepiece styles such as a vintage, new, pre-owned or used wristwatch in platinum, yellow gold, rose gold, pink gold, oystersteel or silver such as Daytona, Paul Newman, Sea-Dweller, Submariner, Red Line, Double Red, James Bond, Milgauss, Explorer, GMT-Master, GMT-Master II, Yacht Master, Sky-Dweller, Oyster Perpetual with datejust, Presidential, Cosmograph Daytona, diamond Rolex, gold Rolex, black Rolex, red face, blue face, bracelet watch, Rolex 24, Air King, Cellini Dual Time, Deepsea, and rare and expensive Rolex models 1675, 6542, 1665, 5517, 5514, 5513, 5512, 5510, 5508, 6538, 6536, 6205, 6204, 6200, 1680, 116599, 116598, 116589, 116528, 116523, 116520, 116519, 116518, 116515, 116509, 116505, 16528, 16523, 16520, 16519, 16518, 16515, 6265, 6264, 6263, 6262, 6241, 6240, 6239, 1019 and 6451.