IWC Schaffhausen Consignment
Sotheby’s, your most reliable resource for IWC wristwatch auction appraisal and consignment, continues to achieve hammer prices well above our low estimates. In 2019, an IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot gold wristwatch, worn by Bradley Cooper when he performed with Lady Gaga at the 91st Academy Awards®, estimated at $20,000 – 30,000 USD, realised 75,000 USD at a Sotheby’s auction. As a global auction house with watch sales in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, Sotheby’s can help you sell an IWC watch for the highest price. In fact, we have recently launched Watches Weekly, a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market.
The history of IWC Schaffhausen began in Boston more than 150 years ago, when young watchmaker Florentine Ariosto Jones set out to meld the incomparable craftsmanship of the Swiss horologists with cutting-edge technology to produce the finest quality of watches for Americans. He successfully transformed small Swiss workshops into a modern factory with a centralized production method. Today, IWC watches continue to be in high demand.
When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern IWC watch, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price. To receive a complimentary auction estimate, simply submit images of your luxury watches along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use and confidential online estimate form.
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Register or log in to your Sothebys.com account to send photos and information about your IWC watch and begin your complimentary auction estimate request.
Selling Your IWC Schaffhausen Watch with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
Get an Estimate
IWC Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
2084LotIWCIWC Schaffhausenda vinci rattrapante, reference iw375402 a yellow gold perpetual calendar split seconds chronograph wristwatch, circa 20048 October 2019 | Sale Price 125,000 HKDEstimate 100,000 – 200,000 HKD8 October 2019 | Sale Price 125,000 HKDImportant Watches8 October 2019 | 11:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
65LotIWCIWCref iw500426 big pilotretailed by tourneau: a limited edition platinum automatic wristwatch with date and power reserve indication circa 20094 June 2019 | Sale Price 47,500 USDEstimate 15,000 – 25,000 USD4 June 2019 | Sale Price 47,500 USDImportant Watches4 June 2019 | 10:00 AM EDT | New York
167LotIWCIWCda vinci four seasons, ref 3752limited edition yellow gold perpetual calendar chronograph wristwatch with tourbillon and moon phases circa 200013 November 2018 | Sale Price 27,500 CHFEstimate 22,000 – 32,000 CHF13 November 2018 | Sale Price 27,500 CHFImportant Watches13 November 2018 | 2:00 PM CET | Geneva
2062LotIWCIWC Schaffhausenda vinci perpetual calendar kurt klaus edition, reference iw376203 a pink gold perpetual calendar chronograph wristwatch with moon phases, circa 20078 October 2019 | Sale Price 106,250 HKDEstimate 80,000 – 120,000 HKD8 October 2019 | Sale Price 106,250 HKDImportant Watches8 October 2019 | 11:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
2083LotIWCIWC Schaffhausenda vinci, reference iw9252-01 a yellow gold perpetual calendar chronograph bracelet watch with moon phases, circa 20108 October 2019 | Sale Price 106,250 HKDEstimate 80,000 – 160,000 HKD8 October 2019 | Sale Price 106,250 HKDImportant Watches8 October 2019 | 11:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to sell my IWC watch?Throughout the year, Sotheby's hosts watch sales online and in multiple selling locations, including Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. In fact, in 2018, Sotheby’s New York sold $86.4 million worth of watches on behalf of our consignors, an increase of 32% in five years. Based on our specialists' understanding of the market and the current appetite of watch buyers, we are able to recommend the best location and time of year to sell an IWC watch.
Sotheby's is also pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your IWC watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Is every IWC Schaffhausen watch marked with a signature?Generally speaking, each pre-owned IWC wristwatch bears a maker’s mark and serial number. Unfortunately, markings are sometimes forged, so our experts recommend that you submit images of your fine timepiece and trust a Sotheby’s specialist to interpret any maker’s marks. Simply send photographs to our experts, who will use their knowledge of IWC workmanship to confirm the piece’s authenticity.
- Why are pre-owned and vintage IWC watches so valuable?Vintage collecting, as a hobby and as an investment, has exploded over the last five years. In general, the IWC watches that have best retained their value include the Il Destriero Scafusia, IWC Tourbillon, Portugieser, Pilot’s Watch Chronograph, Portofino Automatic, Da Vinci, Aquatimer and Ingenieur.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my IWC watch?Our specialists will need clear photographs and as much information as you can provide in order to determine your watch's auction estimate. Although we can evaluate your IWC wristwatch with photographs alone, it is helpful to have any original paperwork. Once you submit your information online, you will be able to track the estimate process, and one of our specialists will contact you directly if there are any questions about your timepiece.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy, consign and sell an IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot gold wristwatch, Grande Complication pink gold watch with automatic minute repeating perpetual calendar, chronograph wristwatch with moon phases, gold tourbillon wristwatch, limited edition yellow gold skeletonised triple calendar watch, mens Portugieser or Ingenieur wristwatch. Desirable features include moon phases, leap-year indication, perpetual calendar, 5-day power reserve or wristwatches worn by Hollywood celebrities such as Robin Williams or Bradley Cooper when he sang with Lady Gaga at the Oscars.