Sotheby’s, your most reliable resource for Breitling wristwatch auction appraisal and consignment, consistently commands top dollar at live and online auctions. In 2018, a Breitling limited-edition pink gold automatic wristwatch, estimated at 22,000 – 32,000 HKD, fetched 87,500 HKD at a Sotheby’s auction. Live auctions happen in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, and online auctions and private sales also have broad appeal. In fact, we have recently launched Watches Weekly, a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market.
Since its founding in 1884, Breitling has excelled in utility-minded watches. In 1889, Léon Breitling received a patent for a groundbreaking new chronograph that was lauded for its superior legibility and ease of use. It was followed by numerous awards and innovations including an unprecedented eight-day power reserve, a pulsograph scale for doctors to measure patients’ pulses and a tachymeter to measure the speed of newly-invented automobiles.
When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern Breitling watch, let Sotheby’s help you realise the highest price. To receive a complimentary auction estimate, simply submit images of your luxury watch along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use and confidential online estimate form.
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Register or log in to your Sothebys.com account to send photos and information about your Breitling watch and begin your complimentary auction estimate request.
Selling Your Breitling Watch with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
Get an Estimate
Breitling Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
142LotBREITLINGBREITLINGnavitimer quantieme perpetuel, ref h29320 limited edition pink gold perpetual calendar chronograph wristwatch with moon phasescirca 200213 November 2018 | Sale Price 15,000 CHFEstimate 8,000 – 12,000 CHF13 November 2018 | Sale Price 15,000 CHFImportant Watches13 November 2018 | 2:00 PM CET | Geneva
170LotBREITLINGBREITLINGnavitimer breitling fighters, ref h13330 limited edition pink gold chronograph wristwatch with date and braceletcirca 199913 November 2018 | Sale Price 10,000 CHFEstimate 8,000 – 12,000 CHF13 November 2018 | Sale Price 10,000 CHFImportant Watches13 November 2018 | 2:00 PM CET | Geneva
191LotBREITLINGBREITLINGa limited edition white gold automatic chronograph wristwatch with dateref 41322 no 8/50 50th anniversary navitimer circa 20027 June 2017 | Sale Price 7,500 USDEstimate 6,000 – 8,000 USD7 June 2017 | Sale Price 7,500 USDImportant Watches7 June 2017 | 10:00 AM EDT | New York
141LotBREITLINGBREITLINGa stainless steel automatic triple calendar chronograph wristwatch with braceletref a21330 case 586604 montbrillant circa 20054 October 2018 | Sale Price 6,250 USDEstimate 2,000 – 4,000 USD4 October 2018 | Sale Price 6,250 USDCreating a Stage: The Collection of Marsha and Robin Williams4 October 2018 | 10:00 AM EDT | New York
119LotBREITLINGBREITLINGa special series yellow gold automatic chronograph wristwatch with registers ref h30030 no 26 navitimer monbrillant circa 199012 November 2017 | Sale Price 6,250 CHFEstimate 6,000 – 8,000 CHF12 November 2017 | Sale Price 6,250 CHFImportant Watches12 November 2017 | 10:30 AM CET | Geneva
140LotBREITLINGBREITLINGa stainless steel automatic wristwatch with date and braceletref a17380 case 1133645 colt circa 20004 October 2018 | Sale Price 4,000 USDEstimate 1,000 – 2,000 USD4 October 2018 | Sale Price 4,000 USDCreating a Stage: The Collection of Marsha and Robin Williams4 October 2018 | 10:00 AM EDT | New York
128LotBREITLINGBREITLINGa stainless steel automatic world time chronograph wristwatch with registers, date and braceletcase ab0510 4227761 transocean unitime circa 201417 April 2018 | Sale Price 3,125 GBPEstimate 2,800 – 4,500 GBP17 April 2018 | Sale Price 3,125 GBPFine Timepieces17 April 2018 | 10:30 AM BST | London
16LotBREITLINGBREITLINGbreitling superocean ii 44 ref a17392 | a stainless steel automatic center seconds wristwatch with date circa 201611 December 2018 | Sale Price 2,000 USDEstimate 1,000 – 2,000 USD11 December 2018 | Sale Price 2,000 USDWatches Online6–11 December 2018 | 12:00 PM EST | New York
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to sell a Breitling watch?Sotheby's, the best place to sell your Breitling timepiece, hosts watch sales throughout the year that are held online and in multiple selling locations, including Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. In fact, in 2018, Sotheby’s New York sold $86.4 million worth of watches on behalf of our consignors, an increase of 32% in five years.
Sotheby's is also pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your Breitling watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my Breitling watch?Our specialists will need clear photographs and as much information as you can provide in order to determine your watch's auction estimate. Although we can evaluate your Breitling wristwatch with photographs alone, it is helpful to have any original paperwork. Once you submit your information online, you will be able to track the estimate process, and one of our specialists will contact you directly if there are any questions about your timepiece.
- Is every Breitling watch marked with a signature?Generally speaking, each Breitling wristwatch bears a maker’s mark and serial number. Unfortunately, markings are sometimes forged, so our experts recommend that you submit images of your fine timepiece and trust a Sotheby’s specialist to interpret any maker’s marks. Simply send photographs to our experts, who will use their knowledge of Breitling workmanship to confirm the piece’s authenticity.
- Why are pre-owned and vintage Breitling watches so valuable?Vintage collecting, as a hobby and as an investment, has exploded over the last five years. In general, the Breitling watches that have best retained their value include the Bentley Flying B (J28362), Bentley Mulliner Tourbillon, Bentley Motors Complications Collection (L18841Ta-B788-761P), Bentley Collection (R4436563/A657), Mark VI Complications, Chronomat 41, Bentley GMT, Windrider Blackbird and Emergency II Titanium.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy and sell a Breitling watch such as the Navitimer 01, Montbrilliant, 24 hour Cosmonaute, Super Avenger II, Hurricane, Superocean Heritage, Civilian, Venus, Datora, Duograph, Avenger, Colt, Galactic, Bentley Flying B (J28362), Bentley Mulliner Tourbillon, Bentley Motors Complications Collection (L18841Ta-B788-761P), Bentley Collection (R4436563/A657), Mark VI Complications, Chronomat 41, Bentley GMT, Windrider Blackbird and Emergency II Titanium. Desirable features include chronograph styles with moon phases, triple calendar, day, date and month indication, perpetual calendar, 24-hour AOPA dial, and automatic center seconds.