Hemmerle Jewelry Consignment
Now in its fourth generation, Hemmerle is a family business celebrated for its exceptional quality, craftsmanship, innovative material combinations and bold creations. In 1893, brothers Josef and Anton Hemmerle took over a distinguished jewelry and medal firm in Munich, where Hemmerle remains today. The highly successful firm was patronized by the Bavarian Royal Court, German princely houses, the Bavarian Government and other discerning clientele. Hemmerle’s jewels have won prizes, including an award at the international Exhibition of 1900 in Paris. The House of Hemmerle celebrated 125 years in 2018.
Sotheby’s, your most reliable resource for vintage and new jewelry auction appraisal and consignment, consistently commands top dollar at live and online auctions. Recently, a Hemmerle fancy vivid yellow diamond ring realised 399,000 CHF at a Sotheby’s auction. To learn about the value of your jewelry, simply contact a specialist below or submit images of your jewels along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form. Our seasoned team of experts will review your submission and issue preliminary estimates for items that can be included in any of our sales.
Find Out the Value of Your Jewelry
Submit photos and information about your Hemmerle jewelry and begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Selling Hemmerle Jewelry with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Jewelry Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 0022
NEW YORK: +1 646 518 8553
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5803 0036
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8645
PARIS: +33 (0)1 85 14 96 56
MILAN: +39 02 29 500 201
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
MADRID: +34 91 123 4218
MONTE CARLO: +377 93 30 88 80
Recent Sales of Hemmerle Jewelry at Sotheby’s
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Hemmerle jewelry so collectible?Profoundly beautiful Hemmerle diamond jewelry is among the most coveted offerings at Sotheby’s jewelry auctions because each handcrafted, bespoke piece is an original work of art. Necklaces, pendants, chokers, bracelets, bangles, brooches and ear clips are highly collectible because of their classic, iconic style. Hemmerle jewelry is always in demand with collectors, enthusiasts and celebrities worldwide. This is the perfect time to consign Hemmerle jewelry .
- Is every Hemmerle piece marked with a signature?Generally speaking, each authentic piece will be signed with an engraved Hemmerle hallmark. Unfortunately, hallmarks are sometimes forged, so our experts recommend that you submit images of your fine jewelry and trust a Sotheby’s specialist to interpret any maker’s marks. Simply send photographs to our experts, who will use their knowledge of Hemmerle jewelry workmanship to confirm the piece’s authenticity.
- How much is my Hemmerle jewelry worth?Sotheby's specialists have years of experience in valuing Hemmerle diamond jewelry. When you submit your piece online, our specialists will consider its general condition, presence of a Hemmerle signature, prices achieved at auction for similar pieces, quality of the diamonds and any accompanying gemstones, and the history of ownership before determining an appropriate auction estimate. Consign Hemmerle jewelry now for our upcoming sales that will feature a fine selection of diamond, emerald, sapphire, ruby and cultured pearl jewelry.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy, consign and sell Hemmerle jewelry such as a diamond necklace, choker, pendant, sautoir, bracelet, cuff bracelet, bangle, engagement ring, wedding ring, cocktail ring, earrings, ear clips, brooch, pin, parure or demi parure jewelry set, gem set, anniversary medal jewelry, cameo, micro-mosaic, enamel jewelry or cufflinks embellished in platinum, white gold, yellow gold, silver, aluminum, steel, copper or bronze with diamonds, fancy yellow diamond, sapphire, emerald, ruby, tanzanite, tourmaline, aquamarine, agate, tsavorite, peridot, jade, garnet, gemstones or cultured pearl.