Chanel Jewelry Consignment
For nearly a century, the House of Chanel has set trends and defined style, making it one of the most influential and recognizable fashion brands on earth. Chanel’s history began with another well-renowned jeweler, Verdura, who was working as a textile designer for the company when Coco Chanel asked him to redesign her personal jewellery collection. Their best known design, the Maltese cross cuff, was conceived around 1930 and still in production today.
Coco Chanel’s bold philosophy on jewelry reflected her commitment to individuality and authenticity, and always with a keen sense of proportion. This was a fact firmly established with the debut of her first high jewelry collection, Bijoux de Diamants, in 1932. In 2012, the brand launched The 1932 Collection – referencing many of the original pieces, such as the 18 Karat White Gold and Diamond 'Star' Bangle-Bracelet which sold for 87,500 USD at auction.
Today, Chanel jewels are keenly sought by bidders looking to add one of the iconic designs to their collection. When you are ready to sell your Chanel jewelry, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price. To receive a complimentary auction estimate, simply contact one of our specialists below or submit images of your jewels along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form.
Find Out the Value of Your Jewelry
Submit photos and information about your Chanel jewelry and begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Selling Your Chanel Jewelry with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Jewelry Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 0022
NEW YORK: +1 646 518 8553
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5803 0036
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8645
PARIS: +33 (0)1 85 14 96 56
MILAN: +39 02 29 500 201
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
MADRID: +34 91 123 4218
MONTE CARLO: +377 93 30 88 80
Chanel Jewelry Sold at Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the most popular Chanel jewelry collections?Chanel diamond jewelry is among the most coveted offerings at Sotheby’s jewelry auctions. Collectors as well as notable personalities and Hollywood celebrities are particularly drawn to sparkling Chanel baubles. Necklaces, pendants, chokers, bracelets, bangles, brooches and earrings are highly collectible because of their classic, iconic style. Popular pieces include early comet, star and constellation pieces, the Maltese cross collection, Camelia and Panache collections, logo cross necklace, Chanel logo button earrings, Coco drop earrings and logo hoop earrings. This is the perfect time to consign Chanel jewelry.
- When did Chanel jewelry become popular?Coco Chanel launched her debut perfume, Chanel No. 5, in France in 1921, but it wasn’t until 1932 that her fine diamond and platinum jewelry line was introduced. From the beginning, Renaissance and Byzantine art informed the Chanel jewelry oeuvre and was often designed in collaboration with Robert Goossens. Goossens became Chanel’s chief jewelry designer in 1960 and remained closely associated with designs of Byzantine inspiration throughout his career, particularly Chanel’s signature Maltese Cross. Decades later, these same motifs appeared in costume jewelry on the runways of YSL, Lacroix and Dior. But, as with cotton jersey, ropes of pearls and the little black dress, Chanel did it first and best.
- Is every Chanel piece marked with a signature?Generally speaking, each authentic piece will be signed with “Chanel” or the interlocking CC logo, as well as an engraved trademark or French assay mark on the jewelry clasp, earring back or ring shank. Unfortunately, hallmarks are sometimes forged, so our experts recommend that you submit images of your fine jewelry and trust a Sotheby’s specialist to interpret any maker’s marks. Simply send photographs to our experts, who will use their knowledge of Chanel jewelry workmanship to confirm the piece’s authenticity.
- How much is my Chanel jewelry worth?Sotheby's specialists have years of experience in valuing Chanel diamond jewelry. When you submit your piece online, our specialists will consider its general condition, presence of a Chanel signature, prices achieved at auction for similar pieces, quality of the diamonds and any accompanying gemstones, and the history of ownership before determining an appropriate auction estimate. Consign Chanel jewelry now for our September and October 2019 sales that will feature retro jewels and a fine selection of diamond, emerald, sapphire, ruby and cultured pearl jewelry.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy and sell Chanel jewelry such as a vintage necklace, choker, pendant, sautoir, bracelet, bangle, engagement ring, cocktail ring, earrings, ear clips, brooch, pin, cufflinks, watch, wristwatch, evening bag, parure or demi parure jewelry set embellished in platinum, white gold, yellow gold or silver with diamonds, sapphire, emerald, ruby, cultured pearl, onyx, tourmaline, gemstones made of glass, Gripoix glass elements, leather, ribbons, resin and non-precious metals. Our experts specialise in high jewelry, costume jewelry, early comet, star and constellation pieces, the Maltese cross collection, Camélia and Panache collections, logo cross necklace, Chanel logo button earrings, Coco drop earrings, Byzantine collections and logo hoop earrings.