Cartier Jewelry Consignment
Since its founding in Paris in 1847, Cartier has earned renown for its unparalleled designs, high-quality craftsmanship, and impeccable gemstones. From the colorful ‘Tutti Frutti’ Cartier bracelets of the 1920s to the beloved ‘Panthère’ collection popularized in the late 1940s, Cartier has been the jeweler of choice for royalty, industrialists, and celebrities alike throughout the 20th century. Sotheby’s is proud to offer Cartier jewels at auction, engaging our network of specialists in major selling centers such as Hong Kong, Geneva, London and New York to provide one-on-one attention to connoisseurs and collectors around the world.
When you are ready to sell your Cartier ring, necklace, brooch, bracelet or earrings, Sotheby’s can help you realise the highest price for your jewelry consignment. To start, please contact a specialist below or simply submit images of your jewels along with any additional information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form. The value of your jewels can be pleasantly unexpected, and that’s the excitement of auction.
Find Out the Value of Your Cartier Jewelry
Submit photos and information about your jewelry to begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Selling Your Cartier Jewelry with Sotheby's is Simple
1. Request an estimate online
2. Meet with a specialist in person in your nearest city
Talk to a Jewelry Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 0022
NEW YORK: +1 646 518 8553
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5803 0036
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8645
PARIS: +33 (0)1 85 14 96 56
MILAN: +39 02 29 500 201
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
MADRID: +34 91 123 4218
MONTE CARLO: +377 93 30 88 80
Cartier Jewelry Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the most popular Cartier jewelry designs?Antique and vintage Cartier jewelry crafted between 1910 and 1940, such as the Indian-inspired ‘Tutti Frutti’ design of carved sapphires, emeralds, and rubies, are highly admired by jewelry connoisseurs. The ‘Panthère’ line, designed by longtime director Jeanne Toussaint in the late 1920s, is also inextricably linked to the maison and widely adored by collectors. Additionally, the modern Cartier ‘Love’ collection, designed by Aldo Cipullo in 1969, has become a contemporary classic donned by celebrities such as Pippa Middleton, Angelina Jolie, and Sofia Coppola.
- Is every piece of Cartier jewelry marked with a serial number?Yes. Cartier signs their jewelry and usually includes a serial number indicating where the piece was made and to whom it was sold. In addition to the signature, Cartier jewels will have a hallmark identifying the type of metal used and the country of fabrication.
- How does Sotheby's determine how much my Cartier jewelry is worth?Sotheby's specialists take into account several factors when evaluating your Cartier bracelet, necklace, earrings, brooch, ring, or other jewelry. General condition, the popularity of that Cartier model, provenance, and comparable auction prices all play a role in determining the value.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy and sell Cartier jewelry and jewels that are antique, vintage, modern, new, used and pre-owned such as a Cartier Love bracelet, men’s bracelet, Juste un Clou bracelet, screw bracelet, Love ring, women’s jewelry, Cartier engagement ring, wedding ring, wedding band, diamond ring, Panther ring, Trinity ring, bangle, earrings, Nail bracelet, Patalia necklace, Maillon Panthère, Drapérie, Trinity, or Love collections, or a necklace, pendant, bracelet, bangle, ring, brooch, ear clips, earrings or tiara with a rare and expensive diamond, sapphire, emerald, ruby, Burmese ruby, aquamarine, turquoise, lapis lazuli, citrine, coral, onyx, pearls, silver, gold, white gold, yellow gold, rose gold and platinum.