Eight Egyptian Alabaster Miniature Vessels, 3rd/2nd Millennium B.C.
Property from a Swiss Private Collection
Eight Egyptian Alabaster Miniature Vessels
3rd/2nd Millennium B.C.
comprising two lentoid flasks, 18th/19th Dynasty, 1540-1190 B.C., three beakers 11th/18th Dynasty, 2081-1292 B.C., two jars, probably Old Kingdom, 2705-2225 B.C. and a stopper(?) in the form of a lotus flower, probably New Kingdom, 1540-1075 B.C.
Heights 4 to 12.5 cm.
From left to right:
4. Small lentoid flask: areas of light abrasion to vertical edges on body; one handle chipped on both sides; half of rim chipped away.
5. Large lentoid flask: As shown; small shallow chip on top of rim.
6. Large flaring vessel: Base has stress-crack, large loss on one side, and abrasion on other side; edge of rim irregular and with areas of abrasion, suggesting extensive repolishing.
7. Medium flaring vessel: feels entirely repolished, perhaps even modern.
8. Small flaring vessel: base and rim chipped and abraded; entire vessel probably repolished.
The lot is sold in the condition it is in at the time of sale. The condition report is provided to assist you with assessing the condition of the lot and is for guidance only. Any reference to condition in the condition report for the lot does not amount to a full description of condition. The images of the lot form part of the condition report for the lot. Certain images of the lot provided online may not accurately reflect the actual condition of the lot. In particular, the online images may represent colors and shades which are different to the lot's actual color and shades. The condition report for the lot may make reference to particular imperfections of the lot but you should note that the lot may have other faults not expressly referred to in the condition report for the lot or shown in the online images of the lot. The condition report may not refer to all faults, restoration, alteration or adaptation. The condition report is a statement of opinion only. For that reason, the condition report is not an alternative to taking your own professional advice regarding the condition of the lot. NOTWITHSTANDING THIS ONLINE CONDITION REPORT OR ANY DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING A LOT, ALL LOTS ARE OFFERED AND SOLD "AS IS" IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS OF SALE/BUSINESS APPLICABLE TO THE RESPECTIVE SALE.