121

Details & Cataloguing

Masterworks of Time: Adolf Lange, The Golden Era of Glashütte

|
Geneva

Uhrenfabrik-Union, Glashütte in Sachsen
A LADY’S GOLD, ENAMEL AND DIAMOND-SET HUNTING CASED KEYLESS LEVER WATCH WITH A GOLD AND PEARL-SET CHAIN CIRCA 1900, NO. 54265
Movement: gilded ¾ plate, gold lever and escape wheel, bi-metallic compensation balance, ruby endstone, signed and numbered Uhrenfabrik-Union, Glashütter, no.54265
Dial: white enamel, black Arabic numerals, outer minute ring with red Arabic 5-minute divisions, sunken centre and subsidiary seconds, gold Louis XV style hands, signed Uhrenfabrik-Union, Glashütte in Sachsen
Case: 14ct gold, the case front with applied diamond-set monogram, border of engraved decoration, the back chased and engraved with a diamond-set thistle, outer blue enamel border heightened with gold scrolling decoration, lever for hand-set beneath bezel at 4 o'clock, plain polished gold cuvette, case maker's mark A M with a key between, cuvette signed Uhrenfabrik-Union, Glashütte Bei Dresden, case back and cuvette numbered 54265, case front numbered 65
Chain: pink gold, the circular links separated by engine-turned cylinder-form links with green gold upper and lower caps, chain interspersed by 5 pearls, similarly decorated gold and pearl-set T-bar

diameter 35.5mm, length of chain 360mm
Read Condition Report Read Condition Report

Catalogue Note

Johannes Dürrstein founded Uhrenfabrik-Union in 1893, and the company quickly excelled at making precision watches. Dürrstein's goal was to create affordable, high quality pieces that would be more accessible to a wider pool of clientele. He had previously worked as a wholesaler in business with A. Lange & Söhne. Julius Bergter, who served as Director at the company, studied as a watchmaker under Moritz Grossman.

Masterworks of Time: Adolf Lange, The Golden Era of Glashütte

|
Geneva