Due to the current pandemic, Sotheby’s has modified its policies and procedures regarding business practices, including entry in 1334 York Avenue. An appointment is required in order to access the building. To schedule an appointment contact appointmentsNY@sothebys.com or 212-606-7171. Please read the below in preparation for your visit to Sotheby’s.
Given the executive order concerning a travel advisory issued by Governor Cuomo of New York State (25 June 2020), we kindly ask any visitors travelling to New York from within one of the designated states to only visit Sotheby’s after a quarantine period of 14 days.
To keep everyone safe, Sotheby’s and its affiliates reserve the right to deny entry to any individual(s) that do not meet or comply with all the following necessary requirements:
• An appointment is required in order to access the building. Please make every effort to arrive at your scheduled appointment time. All guest names must be submitted ahead of time, additional individuals will not be permitted to access the building.
• Temperature screenings are required and will be conducted by a medical professional or other trained staff.
• Face masks must be worn at all times while in the building and are available upon request.
• Coat and bag check services will not be available. We ask that you do not bring large bags or luggage to your appointment.
• All persons in the building must adhere to social distancing of 6-feet apart.
• Increased cleaning and disinfection across all areas has been implemented with a particular focus on touch points in areas of high traffic.
• Hand sanitizing stations are available at each entry and exit point throughout the building.
Sotheby’s New York office is the headquarters for our global business but it is also a place that welcomes collectors and art lovers. More than 85 live auctions take place annually in our seventh-floor saleroom, where records are routinely broken and history is made. In May 2017, Jean-Michel Basquiat’s Untitled, sold to Japanese collector Yusaka Maezawa for $110.5 million – a new record for an American artist at auction.
A purchase does not need to make headlines to be deeply significant and meaningful. Nearly every day, collectors acquire art and collectibles from Sotheby’s New York at all price points. Art lovers are always welcome to visit the numerous presale exhibitions, which are free and open to the public, and invite you to enjoy our in-house branch of Sant Ambroeus for coffee, pastries or lunch. Open Monday through Saturday and located just inside the main lobby is Sotheby’s Wine Store, which stocks a superb selection: whether your budget is $15 or $1,500, there’s a vintage for you. For those in search of an elegant ring or statement earrings, Sotheby’s Diamonds salon features a range of exceptional contemporary designs curated with unrivaled expertise.
Sotheby’s New York is a comprehensive art business that offers estimates and insurance valuations, private sales and consignment services in every collecting area. To discover the auction potential of your art and collectibles, we invite you to use our easy online tool. Our staff is happy to advise on shipping, storage, collection management and much more. Please do not hesitate to contact us at +1 212 606 7000 or email@example.com.