A George IV mahogany circular library table, circa 1820 and later
the circular leather-lined top with a gadrooned edge above a moulded frieze with two opposing frieze drawers alternating two swinging compartments over three pairs of panelled doors with gilt-brass foliate mouldings and laurel wreath mounts alternating three pairs of concave similar separated by later sphinx headed monopodia on a plinth
85cm. high, 197cm. diameter; 2ft. 9½in., 6ft. 5½in.
Probably acquired by Frederick Fermor-Hesketh, 2nd Baron Hesketh DL (1916-1955);
thence by descent.
On loan to Attingham Park, Shropshire, 2007-2019
C. Musgrave, Regency Furniture, 1800 to 1830, London, 1961, pl. 71;
J. Kenworthy-Browne, 'Easton Neston, Northamptonshire: 2', The Connoisseur, September-December, 1964, p. 149, fig. 14 (illustrated in the Entrance Hall).