A LARGE IMARI DISH
EDO PERIOD, 18TH CENTURY
decorated to the interior in green, black, iron-red enamels and gilt on underglaze blue with dragons and a central sacred pearl, the reverse with lappets and peony sprays
52.2 cm, 20 2/5 in.
Possibly Sir Francis Blundell, 3rd Bt (1643–1707);
thence by descent
M. H. Blutley, Ombersley Court, Inventories of Heirlooms, 1863, p.76; possibly 'China / A beautiful Oriental dish';
Arthur Oswald, Country Life, ‘Ombersley Court’, 2 January 1953, p.34. illustrated in the Entrance Hall