The design for this vase by Joseph Danhauser is now in the collection of the Museum of Applied Arts in Vienna (inv. no. KI 8971-2278). Josef Ulrich Danhauser (1780-1829) established his business in Vienna in 1804. Having been granted a special manufacturing licence, Danhauser was able to integrate all crafts relating to interior decoration and execute them all on the same premises. The demand for Danhauser's furniture was so great that it soon led to the opening of sales agencies in Graz and Budapest. Danhauser's work is characterised by exceptional quality and innovation. His factory supplied furniture to the Imperial family, including the Archdukes Karl and Albert von Sachsen-Teschen. The majority of his clientèle, however, was the newly rich Austrian middle class.