This painting is a reduced variant on a composition by Pietro da Cortona, of which there are at least five autograph versions. The prime version is generally regarded as the one commissioned for the Chiesa Nuova in Perugia and completed in 1643.1
1. Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria, Perugia (inv. no. 535), see G. Briganti Pietro da Cortona, Florence, 1982, p. 227, no. 86, reproduced figs. 212 and 213.