The arms are those of Pratt with Molesworth in pretense for John Jeffreys Pratt, 2nd Earl Camden (1759-1840), who succeeded to the title upon the death of his father in 1794. He was married in 1785 to Frances (1766[?]-1829), daughter and heir of William Molesworth of Wenbury, Devonshire. Lord Camden was MP for Bath from 1780 to 1794, a Lord of the Treasury from 1795 to 1798, Secretary of State for War and the Colonies in 1804/05 and Lord President of the Council from 1807 to 1812. He became a Knight of the Garter in 1799 and in 1812 was created Marquess Camden.
This tureen was part of a large service commissioned on his appointment as Lord Lieutenant of Ireland in 1795. The service was dispersed when it was sold by the 5th Marquess Camden at Sotheby’s, London, 23 January 1964, and many pieces were acquired by various American museums and the Israel Museum in Jerusalem, which has a tureen matching the present example.