5 works in one volume, Vaulezard bound second, 12mo (160 x 90mm.), eighteenth-century half calf, spine gilt in compartments, red morocco lettering-piece, red edges, upper joint starting to crack
The press of the St Petersburg Academy of Sciences was founded in 1727; the list of books available in 1748 is comprehensive and, interestingly, this copy has some ink markings perhaps indicating which books were considered desirable or were already to be found in the substantial library of the Earl of Macclesfield at Shirburn Castle.
The Ethiopic grammar is a revision of the work originally published in 1552 by Vittori, which, as is remarked in the preface, had long been out of print.
Please call 1-800-555-5555 to order a print catalog for this sale.