45
前往
前往

拍品詳情

中世紀與文藝復興時期手稿及歐陸與俄羅斯古籍

|
倫敦

Large document of the bishop of Arras, in Latin, incorporating the text of another document in French. France (Arras), dated March 1255
single-sheet document, c.320x400mm, vellum, 33 lines, of which MORE THAN 12 LINES IN FRENCH (lines 2-14), endorsed ‘De capellania de fauverin’ and ‘Littera Jacobi atrebatensis episcopi continens tenorem carte domini Egidii … pro capellania de fuering construenda’, losses to lower margin, not affecting the text
參閱狀況報告 參閱狀況報告

相關資料

Lots 45-48 from a private collection, United States.

By this document, Jacques [de Dinant], bishop of Arras [1248-59], records another document in French, of Lord Gilles de Feuring and Robert his son, giving land for a chapel, ‘… in hec verba: Iou giles de feuring chrs. et iou robertus fils et oirs du devant dit gilon … nous avons donne pour diu et en aumosne a iretage a tous iors a le capelerie de feuring ou a le parroche … seele ceste present escrit de nos seiaus. Che fu fait en lan … M.CC.& lv. el mois de marche’, followed by a Latin summary and added details, naming Mathilda and Aelydis, the men’s wives, witnessed by the abbot and convent of Mont-St-Eloi (cf. lot 47) and people of the parish ‘de anier infra cuius fines sita est villa de feuring et capella antedicta’ (line 6 from the end), dated the same month and year.

‘Anier’ is doubtless Agnières, less than 5 miles west of the abbey of Mont-St-Eloi, and ‘Feuring’ is doubtless the place now called Frévin-Capelle, which lies about a mile east of Agnières.

中世紀與文藝復興時期手稿及歐陸與俄羅斯古籍

|
倫敦