An Italian processional cross, Abruzzo, Sulmona, last third 14th century
silver leaves embossed, engraved and gilt on a wooden core, with translucent enamels on silver, the branches with trifoliate ends. The front with Christ on the cross, his head haloed, flanked by Virgin and Saint John, surmounted by angel ; the reverse with Christ in majesty, his head surrouned by the Evangelists John, Luke and Mark's symbols
H. (cross) 41,5 cm ; 16 1/4 in.
Nicolas Landau collection, Paris, 1966
Private collection, London
Dr H. Weisskamp collection, Hamburg, 1995
Galerie Vincent Laloux, Brussels
According to formal owner, S.B. Wyler, The Book of Old Silver, E. Crown Publishers, New York, 1937