Perhaps the closest recorded example to the present dish is that in the Glaisher Collection illustrated by Michael Archer, Delftware in the Fitzwilliam Museum, London, 2013, p. 49, A.74. The technique of bi-colored leaves can be seen on the earliest dated English delftware dish painted with tulips, dated 1661, in the Fitzwilliam Museum, see Archer, op. cit., pp. 33-34, A.50. A similar border appears on an armorial dish dated 1671, and another, slightly varying, with the arms of the Weaver's Company dated 1670 illustrated by Louis L. Lipski and Michael Archer, Dated English Delftware, Tin-glazed Earthenware 1600-1800, London, 1984, p. 30, no. 59 and no. 57. The border also appears on a dish reserving a central vase of flowers illustrated by Leslie B. Grigsby, The Longridge Collection of Slipware and Delftware, London, 2000, Vol. 2, pp. 184-185, D159.