Patek Philippe Watch Consignment
To discover the value of your Patek Philippe watch, simply submit your photos and information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use and confidential online estimate form. Some of the most popular consigned Patek Philippe models, Complications, Grand Complications, Golden Ellipse, Nautilus, Aquanaut, and Calatrava, might fetch more than you dreamed, and that’s the excitement of live and online auctions.
Founded in 1851, Swiss watchmaker Patek Philippe & Co. designs and manufactures timepieces and movements, including some of the most complicated mechanical watches. Based in Geneva and Vallée de Joux, Switzerland, the company created the Patek Philippe Caliber 89, one of the world’s most complicated pocket mechanical watches. It is crafted from 18K gold, has 24 hands, 1,728 components and 33 special features, including a thermometer and a star chart.
Sotheby's live auctions happen in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, and online auctions and private sales also have broad appeal. In fact, we have recently launched Watches Weekly, a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. In the second auction of the weekly series, a Patek Philippe watch sold for 3,750,000 HKD, making it the most expensive watch ever sold in an online sale. When you are ready to sell a luxury watch, let Sotheby’s help you realise the highest price for your Patek Philippe watch.From Patek Philippe to Rolex & Everything In Between: Highlights from Watches OnlineLaunch Slideshow
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Register or log in to your Sothebys.com account to send photos and information about your watch and begin your complimentary auction estimate request.
Selling Your Patek Philippe with Sotheby's is Simple
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
Get an Estimate
Patek Philippe Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
24LotPATEK PHILIPPE | NAUTILUS, REFERENCE 5711, A BRAND NEW PLATINUM WRISTWATCH WITH DATE, BLUE JEANS DIAL AND BRACELET, CIRCA 2014Patek Philippepatek philippe | nautilus, reference 5711, a brand new platinum wristwatch with date, blue jeans dial and bracelet, circa 201415 April 2020 | Sale Price 3,750,000 HKDEstimate 3,000,000 – 5,000,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 3,750,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
30LotPATEK PHILIPPE | REFERENCE 5960, A BRAND NEW PLATINUM ANNUAL CALENDAR FLYBACK CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH WITH POWER RESERVE AND DAY AND NIGHT INDICATION, CIRCA 2007Patek Philippepatek philippe | reference 5960, a brand new platinum annual calendar flyback chronograph wristwatch with power reserve and day and night indication, circa 200715 April 2020 | Sale Price 475,000 HKDEstimate 240,000 – 400,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 475,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
33LotPATEK PHILIPPE | REFERENCE 5170, A YELLOW GOLD CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH WITH PULSATION SCALE, CIRCA 2011Patek Philippepatek philippe | reference 5170, a yellow gold chronograph wristwatch with pulsation scale, circa 201115 April 2020 | Sale Price 325,000 HKDEstimate 240,000 – 320,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 325,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
26LotPATEK PHILIPPE | AQUANAUT, REFERENCE 5167, A STAINLESS STEEL WRISTWATCH WITH DATE, CIRCA 2013Patek Philippepatek philippe | aquanaut, reference 5167, a stainless steel wristwatch with date, circa 201315 April 2020 | Sale Price 300,000 HKDEstimate 200,000 – 280,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 300,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
8032LotPatek PhilippePatek Philippepatek philippe | calatrava, reference 6000, a white gold wristwatch with date, circa 200813 June 2019 | Sale Price 137,500 HKDEstimate 80,000 – 120,000 HKD13 June 2019 | Sale Price 137,500 HKDWatches Online31 May–13 June 2019 | 11:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
8033LotPatek PhilippePatek Philippepatek philippe | calatrava, reference 4896g, a white gold and diamond-set wristwatch, circa 201213 June 2019 | Sale Price 112,500 HKDEstimate 90,000 – 130,000 HKD13 June 2019 | Sale Price 112,500 HKDWatches Online31 May–13 June 2019 | 11:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
42LotPATEK PHILIPPE | GOLDEN ELLIPSE, REFERENCE 3567, A WHITE GOLD AND DIAMOND-SET BRACELET WATCH, CIRCA 1970Patek Philippepatek philippe | golden ellipse, reference 3567, a white gold and diamond-set bracelet watch, circa 197015 April 2020 | Sale Price 112,500 HKDEstimate 40,000 – 60,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 112,500 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
36LotPATEK PHILIPPE | REFERENCE 5026, A PINK GOLD WRISTWATCH, MADE IN 1997Patek Philippepatek philippe | reference 5026, a pink gold wristwatch, made in 199715 April 2020 | Sale Price 87,500 HKDEstimate 80,000 – 120,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 87,500 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
37LotPATEK PHILIPPE | GONDOLO, REFERENCE 5024, A YELLOW GOLD WRISTWATCH, CIRCA 1995Patek Philippepatek philippe | gondolo, reference 5024, a yellow gold wristwatch, circa 199515 April 2020 | Sale Price 75,000 HKDEstimate 40,000 – 60,000 HKD15 April 2020 | Sale Price 75,000 HKDWatches Weekly | Patek Philippe8–15 April 2020 | 10:00 AM HKT | Hong Kong
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a Patek Philippe appraisal from Sotheby's cost?Our auction estimate valuations are complimentary and do not cost you anything. We review all submissions and provide valuations for watches we believe we can sell at auction. We will inform you if your watch is not a good fit for a Sotheby's auction, and we will do our best to provide you with a recommendation of another venue to sell your watch.
- How does Sotheby's determine how much my Patek Philippe watch is worth?Our specialists have decades of experience in appraising and selling Patek Philippe watches and are very familiar with the global market for them. When you submit your watch for a valuation, our specialists consider its condition, ownership history, completeness (inclusion of papers or box), model, rarity, and its current desirability by collectors.
- When is the best time to sell my Patek Philippe?Throughout the year, Sotheby's watch sales are hosted online and in international selling locations such as Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. Once you consign a Patek Philippe watch, our specialists will help determine the best way to market it, based upon their understanding of watch buyers and collectors. Our specialists also will suggest the optimal location and time of year to sell your timepiece.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my Patek Philippe timepiece?Our specialists will need clear photographs and as much information as you can provide in order to determine your watch's auction estimate. If you have documentation for your Patek Philippe, please include it in your submission. If you do not have documentation, our specialists can still provide you with a valuation. Once you submit your Patek Philippe information online, you will be able to track the estimate process. One of our specialists will be in touch with you if there are any questions about your timepiece.
- Where can I find the model number for my Patek Philippe?The model or reference number for any Patek Philippe watch resides on the inside of the case and can be seen only when the back is removed. The serial number visible on the outside back of the timepiece is unique to that particular watch.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy, consign and sell a Patek Philippe watch such as a new, pre-owned, used, vintage or antique wristwatch or pocket watch in platinum, yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, pink gold, stainless steel or silver in styles such as Grand Complications, Complications wristwatch, Golden Ellipse, Nautilus, Geneve, Iced Out, g4 Boyz, Grandmaster Chime, Aquanaut, Calatrava, Sky Moon Tourbillon, Super Complication, Skeleton, Calibre 89, Classique, Minute Repeater, Celestial, Moon Phase, World Time, Bust Down, Perpetual Calendar, Chronograph, Gondolo or with blue face in rare and expensive styles such as a Ref 658, Ref 1591, Ref 3448, Ref 2523, Ref 2499, Ref 1579, Ref 5970, Ref 5020, Ref 1579, Ref 2526, Ref 3450, Ref 5204, Ref 5004, Ref 5102, Ref 5131 or Ref 5002, Ref 5711, Ref 7511 timepiece.