Omega Watch Consignment
Our specialists have decades of experience in appraising and selling Omega watches, and are interested in speaking with you about your watch. Simply submit images and information of your Omega watch through our easy-to-use online estimate form to receive a complimentary estimate from a Sotheby's watch expert.
Omega, a luxury Swiss watchmaker brand, was founded as the La Generale Watch Co. in a small workshop in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland, in 1848. In 1885, the firm’s first mass-produced calibre, the Labrador, was releasesd. Several years later, Omega introduced the first minute-repeating timepiece. Shortly after, the innovative 19-line Omega Calibre impressed the watchmaking industry.
Sotheby's live auctions happen in London, New York, Geneva and Hong Kong, and online auctions and private sales also have broad appeal. When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern Omega watch, let Sotheby’s help you realise the highest price.
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Submit photos and information about your Omega watch and begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Talk to a Watch Specialist
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
Omega Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a Sotheby's appraisal of my Omega watch cost?Sotheby's does not offer appraisals but we do provide estimate evalutions for any items we believe we can sell. Our estimate valuations are complimentary and do not cost you anything. We review all submissions and provide valuations for watches we believe we can sell at auction. We will inform you if your watch is not a good fit for a Sotheby's auction, and we will do our best to provide you with a recommendation of another venue to sell your watch.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my Omega timepiece?To determine an auction estimate for an Omega wristwatch, please submit as much information as you can provide. If you do not have documentation, please provide clear images and any other information you have. Once you submit your watch information, you will be able to track the estimate process online. A Sotheby’s expert will be in touch if there are any additional questions about your timepiece.
- How does Sotheby's determine how much my Omega watch is worth?Our specialists have decades of experience in appraising and selling Omega watches and are very familiar with the global market for them. When you submit your watch for a valuation, our specialists consider its condition, ownership history, completeness (inclusion of papers or box), model, rarity, and its current desirability by collectors.
- How quickly can I sell my Omega watch with Sotheby's?Sotheby's is pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your Omega watch details for an estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to help you consign your watch to the next live or online auction.
- When is the best time to sell my Omega watch?Once you consign an Omega watch, our specialists will suggest the optimal selling location and date. The watches market is booming, with global collectors driving prices to unparalleled heights. Throughout the year, Sotheby's watch sales are hosted online and in international selling locations such as Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. Now is the time to consign an Omega watch to Sotheby's.
More information on how to sell with Sotheby's
Sotheby’s is your best resource to sell an Omega watch in styles such as Seamaster, Bracelet Seamaster, Speedmaster, Grey Ghost, Planet Ocean, Aqua Terra, Apollo-Soyuz, Bullhead, Constellation Grand Luxe, Cosmic, James Bond 007, Aviator, Co-Axial Rattrapante, Grand Luxe, NASA Moon Watch, Astronaut wristwatch, Planet Ocean watch, Snoopy Award, Marine, Big Triangle, PGA golf watch, DeVille, Globemaster, Diver, Dive watch, Spectre, Dynamic, Chronostop, Psi Phi, Ryder Cup, Electroquartz, Ploprof, Moonwatch, Mark II, Racing, GMT watch, Solar Impulse, Regatta, Commander, Deville, Skywalker, Spacemaster, Ladymatic, Hour Vision, Tresor, Prestige, Skeleton, Tresor, Swiss, pilot, military, space watch, Olympic watch or black, blue, orange or green watch, square watch, pocket watch, sports watch, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s wristwatch, dress watch, and Gents’ Collection.