A. Lange & Söhne Watch Consignment
The pre-owned watch market is stronger than ever, with international collectors driving prices to unmatched heights. Sotheby's, as a global auction house with watch sales in London, New York, Geneva, and Hong Kong, is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this international growth. In fact, in 2018, Sotheby’s New York sold $86.4 million worth of watches on behalf of our consignors, an increase of 32% in five years.
To discover the value of your A. Lange & Söhne watch, simply submit your photos and information to Sotheby's through our easy-to-use online estimate form. Some of the most desirable consigned Lange timepieces include 42500 Grande Complication, Lange 1, Lange 31, Lange Datograph, Langematik, Lange Perpetual Calendar Terraluna and Zeitwerk. When you are ready to sell your vintage or modern Lange watch, let Sotheby’s help you realise the highest price.
Find Out the Value of Your Watch
Submit photos and information about your watch and begin your complimentary estimate request.
Get an Estimate
Talk to a Watch Specialist
Talk to a Watch Specialist
GENEVA: +41 22 531 00 24
NEW YORK: +1 646 568 1233
LOS ANGELES: +1 310 274 0340
HONG KONG: +852 5808 2138
LONDON: +44 20 3868 8955
TOKYO: +81 3 6770 2873
A. Lange & Söhne Watches Consigned with Sotheby's
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does an A. Lange & Söhne appraisal from Sotheby's cost?Our auction estimate valuations are complimentary and cost you nothing. We review all submissions and provide valuations for watches we believe we can sell at auction. We will inform you if your watch is not a good fit for a Sotheby's auction, and we will do our best to provide you with a recommendation of another venue to sell your watch.
- Why are pre-owned and vintage A. Lange & Söhne watches so valuable?Vintage collecting, as a hobby and as an investment, has exploded over the last five years. In general, the A. Lange & Söhne watches that have best retained their value include the Lange 1 stainless steel wristwatch, the Grand Lange 1, the 1815 Chronograph and a variety of chronographs with the Cal.L951.1, the Datograph Perpetual Tourbillon, the Terraluna and the Zeitwerk collection, celebrating its tenth year.
- When is the best time to sell my A. Lange & Söhne watch?Sotheby's, the best place to sell your A. Lange & Söhne timepiece, hosts watch sales throughout the year that are held online and in multiple selling locations, including Hong Kong, London, Geneva and New York. Based on our specialists' understanding of the market and the current appetite of watch buyers, we are able to recommend the location and time of year that is best suited for the sale of your timepiece.
Sotheby's is also pleased to launch Watches Weekly , a new fast and dynamic online auction format to meet collectors’ needs and respond to the rapidly evolving market. This new weekly series offers a quicker turnaround between appraisal and sale and has already held new records for online watch auctions. Once you submit your Lange watch details for an auction estimate appraisal, Sotheby's watch specialists will be able to provide their recommendations.
- Is every A. Lange & Söhne watch marked with a signature?Generally speaking, each A. Lange & Söhne wristwatch bears a maker’s mark and serial number. Unfortunately, markings are sometimes forged, so our experts recommend that you submit images of your fine timepiece and trust a Sotheby’s specialist to interpret any maker’s marks. Simply send photographs to our experts, who will use their knowledge of A. Lange & Söhne workmanship to confirm the piece’s authenticity.
- Must I have the original documents or receipts that came with my timepiece?Our specialists will need clear photographs and as much information as you can provide in order to determine your watch's auction estimate. Although we can evaluate your A. Lange & Söhne watch with photographs alone, it is helpful to have any original paperwork. Once you submit your information online, you will be able to track the estimate process and one of our specialists will contact you directly if there are any questions about your timepiece.
Sotheby’s is your best resource to buy and sell A. Lange & Söhne watches such as the 42500 Grande Complication, Lange 1 stainless steel watch, Grand Lange 1, 1815 Chronograph, Lange 31, Lange Datograph, Langematik, Lange Perpetual Calendar Terraluna, Zeitwerk collection, Chronograph with Cal.L951.1, Datograph Perpetual Tourbillon and Tourbograph.