About the Museum
The Galleria Sabauda (Sabauda Gallery) in Turin displays the art collections gathered by the House of Savoy. The museum unites the collection of Eugene of Savoy (1663-1736) with works from the Royal Palace of Turin, the picture gallery of the Savoy-Carignano, and works from the Palazzo Durazzo of Genoa. Sabauda’s collections include numerous Italian, Dutch, and Flemish paintings and sculptures dating from the thirteenth through the twentieth centuries, including works by Rembrandt, Fra Angelico, Botticelli, Van Eyck, and Rubens.
First opened in 1832, the Sabuada Gallery moved to the Manica Nuovo (“New Wing”) of the Palazzo Reale in 2014.
(Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.)