About the Museum
Aşiyan Museum is the house of the famous Turkish poet Tevfik Fikret (1867-1915) in the Aşiyan neighborhood of the Beşiktaş district in Istanbul. It was built in 1906 and later converted to a museum in 1945. The museum is owned by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality. Aşiyan Museum was restored completely, and reopened by Mayor Kadir Topbaş in December 2012. In the restoration, the furniture was remade based on original photos and a wax sculpture of Tevfik Fikret was added to the museum.