Founded in 1744, Sotheby’s is one of the best known brand names in the world, with a rich history of selling extraordinary objects - from masterpieces such as Munch’s The Scream, to the Magna Carta, to T-Rex skeletons. With regional hubs in New York, London, and Hong Kong, Sotheby’s operates in 80 offices spread over 40 countries. We emphasize global teamwork and ethical standards as we strive to achieve the highest quality customer experience for our clients around the world.
Our staff are passionate about their work in the fast-paced, challenging, dynamic, and exciting global marketplace for great works of art.
Sotheby’s is able to offer selected individuals the opportunity to participate in an internship at our Hong Kong office. Our objective is to offer interns the best professional and educational experience possible. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of an auction house, works of art, and potential industry careers, through a placement in either an art specialist or business department.
Please check back here for updated program information, including application deadlines and start dates.
• A strong academic record
• Leadership and teamwork experience
• Curiosity and passion for learning
• Demonstrable high EQ, IQ and strong communication skills
• Proficiency in written and verbal Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is preferred
• Applicants must be full time students who are actively enrolled in degree level education
• Internships are offered in blocks of 1 to 2 months, and candidates must be available on a fulltime basis to commit to this period
• Internships longer than 2 months require endorsement from candidates university indicating that the internship is a compulsory or elective component of the respective undergraduate programme
• If the internship is NOT a compulsory or elective component of the respective undergraduate programme, applicants must be under the age of 26 years at the beginning of placement
• Only one placement can be undertaken in any one calendar year per applicant in Hong Kong and applicants are required to make a statutory declaration at the Hong Kong Home Affairs Department verifying this fact and provide the declaration to Sotheby’s for record
• Applicants must hold or be able to obtain valid working papers for Hong Kong. Sotheby’s will support the visa application for eligible international students with appropriate prior notice
To apply for a Sotheby’s Internship in Hong Kong, candidates should submit the following documents via our careers portal here :
• The Application form (all sections must be completed)
• A copy of your CV
• A cover letter
Please note that we will only accept applications submitted through the iCIMS portal link above, no hardcopy applications will be considered. Applications that do not include all three documents will not be considered. Selected candidates will be invited for a first round interview. Sotheby’s will review all applicants once the deadline has passed, and may take up to three months to communicate the outcome of your application.
For any additional queries, please contact us at Recruitment.Asia@sothebys.com