Sotheby’s, the oldest and largest internationally recognized firm of fine art auctioneers in the world, has been uniting collectors with world-class works of art since 1744. We will be offering exceptional undergraduate-level and graduate-level students the opportunity to participate in a unique 8-week paid Internship Program this Fall.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Sotheby’s will shift our Internship Program from an in-person opportunity to an online experience. While we have welcomed an intern cohort to our New York offices in the past, the safety of our employees and visitors remain a top priority - and so we instead look forward to exploring a new remote program format.
The objective of the Sotheby’s Fall Internship Program is to provide practical training experience to students interested in pursuing a career in the art and auction world. Internships are available across various areas of the business. Interns will be assigned a department based on their academic interests and professional goals, and will work under the supervision of a designated staff member. Over the course of the fall semester, our interns will have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a renowned auction house, see great rarities and works of art, and discover potential industry careers. Interns will also be invited to attend video seminars led by senior staff each week; and will be assigned a group project to complete and present during the final week of the internship.
Our Fall 2020 Internship Program will run from Monday, October 12 – Friday, December 11.
Application deadline is Friday, August 28, 2020.
Please submit application materials electronically HERE.
- A strong academic record
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Positive attitude and self-motivation
- Candidates must be rising juniors or rising seniors of an undergraduate university/college; or be enrolled in a graduate-level program as of the Fall 2020 semester
- Must be able to commit to the entirety of the 8-week program and to a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must submit a completed application (incomplete applications will not be considered)
Please use the list below to rank up to 3 departments (in order of preference) for your fall internship placement. Sotheby’s will strive to match each candidate with an appropriate department based on his or her interests and background. We cannot guarantee you will be placed in a department of your choosing and not all departments offer internships every program cycle.
Marketing and Digital Services