Anglo-raj silver elephant wine cooler.
- Bellied bowl with wide rim on short support with flange flowing into stepped foot.
- Classical form with bold gadrooning and enlivened with elephant head side mounts.
- Bowl has embossed engraved ornament: vertical leaves between tendrils and beads.
- Two round frames of which one is vacant and the other is engraved with the coat of arms of the nawab of Palanpur, a princely state that became a British protectorate during the reign of George III.
- Marked “Made by Narotamdas Bhau Jewellers Bombay 4” and possible French import stamp.
Wear and light scratches with age and use.
Height: 11 inches / 27.94 cm
Width: 13 inches / 33.02 cm
Depth: 12 inches / 30.48 cm
Heavy weight: 87.3 troy ounces
Anglo-Indian, Traditional Style