Property from a New York Collector.
Assembled pair of Regence caned beechwood Fauteuils à la Reine.
- Sold as a set of 2.
- Cartouche-shaped backrest with serpentine top rail, carved with a shell motif flanked by foliage on a cross-hatched ground.
- The padded armrests are raised on leaf-carved volute supports.
- The caned seat has a loose cushion.
- The seat rail is carved to match the backrest and raised on leaf-carved cabriole legs, joined by a molded X-stretcher.
- Terminating in scroll feet.
- This item is final sale and not eligible for return.
New York, Sothebys, 21 May 1992, lots 64, 65
One chair has a small circular puncture in caned back.
Upholstery is of a later date.
Wear commensurate with age and use.
Height: 39 inches / 99.06 cm
Width: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
Depth: 26 inches / 66.04 cm
Cane, Walnut, Fabric