Property from a New York Collector.
Louis XV Provincial Fall Front Desk
- Of bombe form, fitted with two short and one long paneled drawer.
- The sides are scallop paneled with scalloped apron.
- Slant front upper section enclosing a fitted interior, containing ten boldly serpentine drawers and several pigeonholes flanking a central niche with a paneled door.
- Raised on short cabriole legs ending with scroll toes.
- Mounted with ormolu drawer handles and keyhole escutcheons
- From the Bordeaux region.
Christie’s, New York, NY, 2002, The House Sale, Lot 414
Exceptionally good condition for age.
Back of piece not examined.
Structurally sturdy and ready to place.
Height: 42 inches / 106.68 cm
Width: 42 inches / 106.68 cm
Depth: 26 inches / 66.04 cm
Walnut, Leather, Gilt Bronze