Property from a New York Private Collection.
French Louis XV carved walnut fauteuils a la reine, possibly Eastern France, mid-18th century.
- Sold as a set of 2.
- Each with a cartouche-shaped backrest upholstered.
- Pierced C-scroll top rail centered by a bird.
- The padded arms on molded and voluted supports.
- The serpentine seat with flowerhead and acanthus-carved seat rail.
- Raised on molded cabriole legs.
The Incuarable Collector Inc., New York, 1964
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 37.75 inches / 95.89 cm
Width: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
Depth: 24 inches / 60.96 cm