Framed Japanese woodblock triptych.
- Utagawa Kuniyoshi (Japanese, 1798-1861).
- Koman swimming, with the Minamoto Banner in Lake Biwa, is attacked by Sanemori in a taira barge
- A view in Omi, the triptych showing Koman, the widowed daughter of a Lake Biwa farmer, swimming with the white banner of the Genji in her teeth towards the Taira barge of Munemori. On being picked up and finding where she was she jumped overboard but not before Sanemori cut her arm off with the banner wrapped around it.
- Signed Ichiyusai Kuniyoshi ga.
- Offered in a black wooden frame.
Some light fading with thin and toned areas in margins.
Art not examined outside of frame.
Height: 14 inches / 35.56 cm
Width: 29.5 inches / 74.93 cm
Paper, Clear Glass, Painted Wood
Asian Decorative Arts