American Regency-style etched sterling silver box.
- Made by Tiffany & Co. in New York.
- Rectangular with straight sides and hinged cover with gently curved top.
- Acid-etched ornament, including garlands, dentil, and paterae on sides and cover.
- On cover top is oval frame (vacant).
- Box interior cedar-lined and partitioned.
- Cover interior gilt washed.
- Fully marked including maker’s stamp, pattern number 18496A (first produced in 1913) and director’s letter m.
Wear and light scratches with age and use.
Height: 2.25 inches / 5.71 cm
Width: 9.38 inches / 23.83 cm
Depth: 5.88 inches / 14.94 cm
Gross weight: 26.4 troy ounces
Sterling Silver, Cedar, Silver Gilt
Neoclassical Style, Traditional Style
Country of Origin