English Victorian sterling silver centerpiece made by Robert Garrard, London.
- Lobed oval-shaped bowl interspersed with flowers.
- Open and twisting leaf-mounted end handles with cast fairy figures.
- Bowl supported by four cast cherubs with their backs turned to a coiled serpent.
- Lobed oval base on four volute-scroll supports.
- Oval cartouches with scrolling leaves and flowers and round vacant frames.
- Potocki family coat of arms, presumably for Alfred Józef Potocki (1817-1889), prime minister of Poland from 1869 to 1870, whose sister was married to the Austrian ambassador to the Court of St. James.
- Fully marked.
Minor signs of wear and occasional scratches consistent with age and use.
Height: 17.5 inches / 44.45 cm
Width: 22 inches / 55.88 cm
Depth: 12 inches / 30.48 cm
Gross Weight: 220 troy ounces
Country of Origin