Property from a New York Private Collection.
English George III inlaid mahogany secretaire bookcase.
- The upper section with pierced swan's-neck cresting, above inlaid, simulated fluting and Greek key banding.
- Gothic-arched cupboard doors enclosing shelves.
- The slightly projecting lower section crossbanded and with a secretaire drawer opening to an interior fitted with satinwood paneled drawers, green-stained fruitwood secret drawers, and centered by a marquetry cupboard door flanked by attached twist-fluted half-columns.
- The case with three long graduated crossbanded drawers, all with brass drop handles.
- Raised on short bracket feet.
Ginsburg & Levy inc, New York, 1971
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 104 inches / 264.16 cm
Width: 47 inches / 119.38 cm
Depth: 22.52 inches / 57.2 cm
Mahogany, Brass, Clear Glass
Country of Origin