English sterling silver cigar compendium.
- Made by John Henry Hill in London.
- Plain rectangular shape and straight sides with squared hinged handles on each side.
- Lined with mahogany, and partitions are adjustable and removable.
- Two compartments in either side at the front for smaller cigars or cigarettes, and in the center contains three matching and numbered sterling silver ash trays, a double-ended sterling cigar cutter, a piercer and a striking plate for matches.
- The interior of the lid and hinged front folding panel are lemon gilded which prevent tarnishing.
- There are a series of hallmarks throughout the piece denoting the sterling silver content and maker's stamp.
Minor signs of wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 3.6 inches / 9.14 cm
Width: 11 inches / 27.94 cm
Depth: 7 inches / 17.78 cm
Sterling Silver, Mahogany