Hand-wrought and hammered sterling silver menorah by David Heinz Gumbel.
- Cut with Hebrew letters is the verse Not by Might, Nor by Power, but by my Spirit.
- For use with candles.
- Hallmarked in Hebrew with Jerusalem, Gumbel.
- David Heinz Gumbel (1906–1992, German) was born in Sinsheim, Germany to a secular family among the pioneers of the local silversmith industry.
- David worked as an apprentice in the Bruckmann & Sons factory, becoming a certified steel engraver, and later studied to be a silversmith at the school of applied arts in Berlin at the Kunstgewerbeschule.
- In 1936, Gumbel left Germany for Israel and joined the New Bezalel as a teacher and the administrator of the metal department, alongside Ludwig Yehuda Wolpert, and in the early 1940s, he opened an independent workshop where he produced metal works and Judaica pieces in said silversmith techniques.
- This piece is final sale and not eligible for return.
Modern Menorah Collection
Forging Ahead, Wolpert and Gumbel p. 100
Wear consistent with age and use.
Height: 12 inches / 30.48 cm
Width: 9 inches / 22.86 cm
Depth: 5 inches / 12.7 cm