American Mid-Century Modern handmade sterling silver box.
- Retailed by Cartier in New York.
- Rectangular with straight sides.
- Cover hinged with curved top and overhanging rim.
- Box and cover interior cedar lined and partitioned.
- Fully marked including stamp for Andrew A. Taylor, a Newark maker active from ca 1930s–’70s, retailer’s stamp, number 400 and phrase “Hand Made.”
Wear and light scratches with age and use.
Height: 1.75 inches / 4.45 cm
Width: 5.25 inches / 13.34 cm
Depth: 3.25 inches / 8.26 cm
Gross weight: 8 troy ounces
Sterling Silver, Cedar
Country of Origin