Finely bound set of Captain Cook and Captain Wallis's Voyages.
- Sold as a set of 3.
- Captain James Cook (English).
- Captain Samuel Wallis (English).
- An account of the voyages undertaken by the order of His present Majesty for making discoveries in the Southern hemisphere, and successfully performed by Commodore Byron, Captain Wallis, Captain Carteret, and Captain Cook, in the Dolphin, the Swallow, and the Endeavour.
- London: N.p., 1773.
- Illustrated throughout.
- Includes a handwritten letter by Joseph Banks.
- Bound in full brown calf, raised bands, all edges marbled, gilt floral decorative tooling on spines.
Wear to binding is consistent with age and use.
Height: 11.75 inches / 29.84 cm
Width: 9.25 inches / 23.5 cm
Depth: 2.25 inches / 5.71 cm
Travel, topography and voyages, British history, Fine bindings, Maps, Illustrated