25 January 2022•14:00 EST•
158 results sorted by
Lot number (low to high)
1. Adams, Henry | First edition, presentation copy of Adams' work on Thomas Jefferson
2. American Revolution | The first treaty between the United States and any other country
3. American Song-Sheet | A curious American song-sheet coupling a mourning song for George Washington with the another sentimental song of loss
5. Audubon, John James | First edition of the separately-issued text for The Birds of America
6. Audubon, John James | Audubon's favorite bird, from the Amsterdam edition
7. Audubon, John James | Fantastic beasts, and how to preserve them
8. Bierstadt, Albert | A Western paradise sumptuously depicted
9. Bodmer, Karl | "Dacota Woman and Assiniboin Girl"
10. Bodmer, Karl | Handcolored engraving by Paul Legrand after Bodmer, blindstamp.
11. Bodmer, Karlv | A fine full-length double portrait of Sih-Chidä & Mahchsi-Karehde
12. Bodmer, Karl | Perhaps the greatest image to emerge from the picturing of the American West
13. (Boston) — John Carwitham (engraver), and William Burgis (after) | An important and early view of Boston
14. Byron, John, and [Dubois-Fontanelle, Jean Gaspard] | A pair of important American shipwreck narratives
15. Carey, John | A great cartographical rarity of the United States
16. (Civil War) — Charleston Mercury Extra: Secession | The Union is Dissolved!
17. Coolidge, Calvin | Calvin Coolidge congratulates Myron Herrick, the U.S. Ambassador to France, on his speech at Saint-Nazaire, defending the Mellon-Bérenger Accord
18. Coolidge, Grace and Calvin | A very uncommon White House letter signed by both First Lady and President Coolidge
19. Coronelli, Vincenzo Maria | A fine impression of a foundational map
20. Danckerts, Justus | A fine example of an important map of the Eastern Seaboard
21. Douglass, Frederick | A deed signed by the great abolitionist and orator
22. Eisenhower, Mamie Doud, and Dwight D. Eisenhower | Thank-you letters from the Eisenhowers to the Sangs
23. Featherstonhaugh, James D., and Richard L. Mudge | The territory in dispute between Great Britain and the United States
24. (Flag) — Commemorative Thirteen-Star Flag | Pre-Civil War, Thirteen-Star Flag of the United States, from the collection of Charles Kuralt
25. Foster, Stephen C. | Autograph music manuscript signed ("S. C. Foster") of "Maggie By My Side," from the collection of Harry Houdini
26. Franklin, Benjamin | One of only 600 numbered sets
27. Fry, Joshua, and Peter Jefferson | A landmark in the mapping of Virginia and Maryland
28. Grant, Ulysses S. | Ulysses Grant directs General Philip Sheridan to achieve a racial balance among the volunteer troops under his command
29. Hamilton, Alexander | Treasury Secretary Hamilton wishes "liberal allowances to the Judiciary"
30. Hamilton, Alexander | The Bank of the United States makes special accomodation to ensure the compensation of public officers
31. [Hamilton, Alexander] | A landmark case in the history of the First Amendment
32. Harrison, Benjamin | Senator Harrison recommending Col. William Holloway to President Garfield, and asking that he be given official recognition
33. Harrison, Caroline Scott | Caroline Harrison praises the United States and excoriates Congress, while pledging to assist a jeweler in placing a commemorative suite in the Smithsonian
34. Harrison, Caroline Scott, and Mary Lord Harrison | Letters by both of President Benjamin Harrison's wives
35. Hayden, Thomas and Moran, Ferdinand | Stunning chromolithographs of Yellowstone and the West
36. Heap, George, and Nicholas Scull | One of the great early views of Philadelphia
37. Hill, John — William Guy Wall (after) | The Wall view of Manhattan from Brooklyn
38. Hill, John — William Guy Wall (after) | The Wall view of Manhattan from Weehawken
40. Howe, Julia Ward | "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord..."
41. Jackson, Andrew | A collection of mostly ephemeral publications relating to Andrew Jackson's political career
42. Jefferson, Thomas | The first attempt to comprehensively collect Jefferson's writings
43. Johnson, Eliza McCardle, Andrew Johnson, and Martha Johnson Patterson | Calling cards of President and First Lady Andrew Johnson, as well as of Martha Johnson Patterson, their daughter and White House hostess, each with an autograph inscription
44. Kennedy, John F. | President John F. Kennedy remembers Dr. Sara Jordan for a 1905 class tree dedication in her honor
45. Knox, William | An argument in support of England's claim to the American colonies
46. Lawrence, A. B. (attributed to) | The earliest first-hand bird's-eye view of Austin, Texas
47. Lincoln, Abraham | A military commission for Charles R. Woods, "...for long and continued services, and for special gallantry..."
48. William Edgar Marshall
49. Lossing, Benson J. | The Pictorial Field-book of the Revolution, profusely extra-illustrated.
50. Marion, Francis | The Swamp Fox acts as executor for the estate of comrade in arms