ERWIN BLUMENFELD | 'BLUMENFELD COLOR'
(Hamburg: PPS. Galerie F. C. Gundlach, 1984, a total edition of 57), a portfolio of 10 dye-transfer prints, each with the estate copyright stamp and editioned '6/50' or '17/50' in pencil on the reverse, matted, 1940s-50s, printed in 1984; together with the printed title/plate list/colophon, with edition '6/50' in pencil. Folio, red linen clamshell box with purple lettering
Various sizes to 12¾ by 10 in. (32.4 by 25.4 cm.)
This portfolio of 10 dye-transfer prints is in generally excellent condition. The colors remain saturated with no apparent fading. The plates are as follows:
1) Decollete, Cover Study, New York, 1950s (17/50)
2) Distorted Nude, New York, 1950s (6/50)
3) Model and Mannequin, Cover Study, New York, 1945 (6/50)
4) Broken Mirror, New York, early 1940s (6/50)
5) Water Effect, Cover Study, New York, early 1950s (6/50)
6) Study for an Advertising Photograph, New York, 1948 (17/50)
7) Line on Face, New York, between 1947 and 1949 (6/50)
8) Lisette behind Fluted Glass, New York, around 1943 (6/50)
9) Cubistic Purple Nude, New York, 1949 (17/50)
10) Three Times Petersen, Study for a Fashion Page, New York, late 1940s (6/50)
The red linen clamshell case is in generally excellent condition, with only minor dust, wear, and soiling. There is a linear crease along the right edge of the title/plate list/colophon. The photographs are matted as issued and there are occasional red marks on a few of the mats.
In response to your inquiry, we are pleased to provide you with a general report of the condition of the property described above. Since we are not professional conservators or restorers, we urge you to consult with a restorer or conservator of your choice who will be better able to provide a detailed, professional report. Prospective buyers should inspect each lot to satisfy themselves as to condition and must understand that any statement made by Sotheby's is merely a subjective qualified opinion.
NOTWITHSTANDING THIS REPORT OR ANY DISCUSSIONS CONCERNING CONDITION OF A LOT, ALL LOTS ARE OFFERED AND SOLD "AS IS" IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS OF SALE PRINTED IN THE CATALOGUE.