October 15, 02:03 PM GMT
20,000 - 30,000 GBP
18K PINK GOLD CHRONOGRAPH WRISTWATCH, REF 4178
Another of Vacheron Constantin’s most iconic chronographs, the reference 4178 was produced from the late 1930s through the early 1970s. This particular model, manufactured in 1948, houses the V492 caliber in a pink gold case — one of less than 110 pieces to feature that combination. The dial is pure classicism with pink gold indexes, blued steel hands, and both telemetric and tachymetric scales. Though, the case’s sculptural lugs nod to the beginnings of mid-century modernist design.
Dial: Two-tone silvered dial with registers, applied Roman numerals and baton indexes
Calibre: cal. 13”492 manual wind, 19 jewels
Movement number: 466’357
Case: 18k pink gold, snap-on back
Case number: 299’858
Closure: 18k pink gold Vacheron Constantin pin buckle
Dimensions: diameter 35mm
Signed: case, dial and movement
Manufactured: in 1948
This watch will come with a certificate of authenticity and an exclusive box provided by Vacheron Constantin.
• 30 minute-counter chronograph with long-time measuring capacity
• high quality column-wheel
• Beryllium balance to insure temperature compensation
• hairspring with a terminal curve to reduce the bad effects of gravity
• rhodium-plated brass movement which protects against corrosion and preserve the Côtes de Genève decoration. Traditional Genevan finishing which gives a unique aspect to the bridges.
Please see Shipping Calculator Link: Click here
From Vacheron Constantin's Heritage Collection