A once-in-a-lifetime experience for tennis fans: shake hands with Serena Williams and watch as she continues her path to becoming the sport’s most decorated competitor!
Serena Williams is attempting to make history once again as she plays at Flushing Meadows, NY for her record-breaking 40th Grand Slam title, cementing her place as arguably the greatest tennis player of all time. IfOnly and Sotheby’s are proud to bring you to the sport’s most prestigious tournament with an exclusive invitation to meet Williams herself.
Witness the world’s greatest players volley for victory, and then come face to face with Williams for a rare in-person meeting complete with a photo and signed memorabilia to remember your day (at a location to be determined later).
A portion of the proceeds from this experience will benefit the Forever Dream Foundation, providing inspiring experiences to underprivileged children and their families.
Payment of the total purchase price is due to Sotheby’s no later than 5:00 PM EST on August 17, 2018. Please see the Conditions of Sale for acceptable forms of payment. We encourage payment by credit card in order to meet the payment deadline. Our failure to receive timely payment may result in the cancellation of the sale. You will receive an invoice from Sotheby’s following the close of the sale.
· Premium access for two (2) to see a Novak Djokovic/ Serena Williams/ Rafael Nadal match in Flushing Meadows, NY.
· Meet & greet and photo opportunity with Novak Djokovic/ Serena Williams/ Rafael Nadal (at a location to be determined later).
· 1 item such as a hat, ball, jersey, etc. (brought by guest) signed by Novak Djokovic/ Serena Williams/ Rafael Nadal .
· Due to the fluid nature of high-profile player schedules, the exact meet & greet time, date, and location will be determined closer to the event; the meet & greet may take place either the day before or the day after the match and may take place in NYC (location to be determined).
· Match date is TBD and will be based on tournament schedule and guest availability.
· A background check is required.
· Exact seat location may not be determined until day of the event and may be anywhere in the lower level section of the venue.
· Travel and accommodations are not included.
· This item may not be resold or re-auctioned in any circumstance.
· Payment of the total purchase price is due to Sotheby’s no later than 5:00 PM EST on August 17, 2018. Please see the Conditions of Sale for acceptable forms of payment. We encourage payment by credit card in order to meet the payment deadline. Our failure to receive timely payment may result in the cancellation of the sale. You will receive an invoice from Sotheby’s following the close of the sale.
· Logistics may not be released until the day before the event. Details are always subject to change; any updates will be shared via email or phone on the day of the event.
· Meet & greet timing and location is subject to Novak Djokovic’s schedule, sound checks, weather conditions, etc. Professional obligations may dictate the duration of each experience.
· The meet & greet portion of the experience may only be canceled or rescheduled by Novak Djokovic. To allow for a smoother booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
· This experience is non-refundable once purchased.
· By clicking Place Bid, you agree to Sotheby’s Conditions of Sale.
The USTA is not affiliated with this auction or its affiliates including IfOnly, Sotheby's or The Forever Dream Foundation.
About the Athlete
No single title can fully encapsulate everything that Serena Williams has done for the sport of tennis. The current number-one ranked tennis player in the world is tied with Steffi Graf for the most ever Grand Slam titles - 22 and counting. Over her unprecedented career, Williams has won 66 singles championships, 22 doubles championships, and 4 Olympic gold medals in 2000 (doubles), 2008 (doubles), and 2012 (singles and doubles). Off the court, she is the founder of The Serena Williams Fund, which focuses on creating equal access to education and assisting victims of senseless community violence.